How long can a hayword navigator sit in the water?

Mine's been in the water for many years (Yes, I'm lazy). I won't say it's been trouble-free (due for another tune-up), but I haven't seen any bad effects from being immersed. The plastic doesn't seem to like direct sunlight though, so put it in the shade if you take it out.

We have found that these cleaners actually last longer staying in the pool wet (with proper water chemistry of course). The parts tend to wear far worse when getting wet, drying, getting wet again, etc etc etc.

We've had ours in the pool for about 6 years now and only take it out when we have guest. We've had to replace the feet 3 times and it just went in for a major rebuild in November of 2012. We live in a sandy area (desert) and there are times when I have to take it out and rinse the sand out of the gear box, but otherwise, it's still going strong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.