Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long can a hayword navigator sit in the water?

1. Back To Top    #1

How long can a hayword navigator sit in the water?

can I leave it in side for a few days? or remove after each cleaning daily?

thanks
    8,000 Gal, 11 x 26.8ft Shotcrete Pool with "Cool Blue" Diamond Brite by ESSIG Pools with Artistic Pavers Deck
    Goldine AQL-PLUS w/Aqua Pod, Aqua-Rite T-CELL-15 SWG, Pentair WhisperFlo High Performance 1.5HP, 2 speed pump, Pentair IntelliBrite,
    Pentair 100sqft Cartridge Filter, 6 Pool returns, Skimmer and 2 Anti-Vortex Main Drains
    Pool's completed build 2/2010

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How long can a hayword navigator sit in the water?

Mine's been in the water for many years (Yes, I'm lazy). I won't say it's been trouble-free (due for another tune-up), but I haven't seen any bad effects from being immersed. The plastic doesn't seem to like direct sunlight though, so put it in the shade if you take it out.

3. Back To Top    #3

I leave mine in all the time unless we are having people over to swim. I'm going on 3 years with no issues.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

4. Back To Top    #4

We have found that these cleaners actually last longer staying in the pool wet (with proper water chemistry of course). The parts tend to wear far worse when getting wet, drying, getting wet again, etc etc etc.
    Chris - In the Industry

5. Back To Top    #5

We leave ours in the pool, except for when we have a heavy swimmer load. My father does the same with his. No problems so far.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

6. Back To Top    #6

We've had ours in the pool for about 6 years now and only take it out when we have guest. We've had to replace the feet 3 times and it just went in for a major rebuild in November of 2012. We live in a sandy area (desert) and there are times when I have to take it out and rinse the sand out of the gear box, but otherwise, it's still going strong.