Relocating Pump Intex Pool.

Apr 9, 2013
Hello all i just had a quick question, hopefully someone can help.

I have a 24x24 Above ground metal framed intex pool. There is a deck built halfway around it and my problem is the pump is located right dead in the center under the deck. So crouching up under the deck for 10feet or so back and forth multiple times trying to clean it or change filter + getting stung by wasp and hornets while doing so is getting old. I know it was a dumb place to put it, but it wasn't me. My question is: Is there a kit i can buy to plug the old skimmer and valve holes and cut new ones to relocate the pump on the outside of the deck? Or will this be a huge risk in splitting the liner? If this is not available how far can the hoses extend from the pool to the pump and still pump ok without working too hard. Right now the hoses are about 4 feet long i would need a total of 10 feet from pool to pump in order to place the pump where i want it. Would a 10' stretch be too far?

I suggest running hard pipe from the existing ports to the new location. The distance you need to run them isn't a problem at all. There are several threads her about people hard piping their Intex pools.

Ok so the standard 4' hoses that come with the pump i could just buy 10' of it and run from pool to pump with valves right before it goes into pump and that would be ok? Later i may try to hard plumb it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.