Booster pump and cleaners

Jun 8, 2011
Remodeling my pool area, so it's now or never. I'm in desperate need for a cleaner, and just can't justify a robot. Too much to invest in a single item. My question is: is a pressure side with booster pump the way to go? Is it a better overall system by using a booster pump or okay to just use a cleaner that will work fine with using the return lines.

I currently have 3 returns, one on each end of the pool and one in the middle. I was planning on putting a valve on each return to adjust the return and open the middle one full throttle for the cleaner (hope that made sense). Is this suggested, or since I'm remodeling, might as well put in a booster pump for that middle return. Thanks.

Ill be honest with you my thoughts were the same, but with some of the new robots (AquaBot Rapids xls $699 2 year warranty bumper to bumper) its almost getting to the point what its very feasible.

Adding in the Boost pump and the Polaris (etc...) cleaner will be more that getting this robot.

There are many good suction line cleaners out there as well that may fit your needs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.