Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heat pump & Robotic cleaner- Return question

1. Back To Top    #1

Warner Robins, GA

Heat pump & Robotic cleaner- Return question

I am installing a heat pump into my pool. A few questions in regards to the plumbing as at the same time I am moving to an electric cleaner.

1. Should I leave the plumbing in place for the Polaris Boost Pump, Tees, and the flex hose? ( the though is if the robot goes bad I could have a plan b to run my Polaris) Or should I remove it for efficiency of the plumbing if any?

2. Depending on the result of #1 above what should I do with the Quick connect in the pool wall for the Polaris? Leave it shooting water straight out, or somehow convert it to a return? I have two returns in the steps and two already in the pool.

What are your thoughts?
    I am leaning towards leaving the plumbing but not sure if the quick connect shooting water straight out is disrupting my circular return motion.

Thanks as always!!!!!

16 x 32 Grecian Vinyl. Salt-Aqua Plus PS-4, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Ecostar SP34000vsp, Gulfstream HE-125-T-A Heat/Cool heat Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Heat pump & Robotic cleaner- Return question

I'd leave it in place. You can always bypass the pump and it magically becomes a return!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit