serial number

Tim23

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 14, 2010
Livingston, Louisiana
Hi all, been a while.

Just a quick question. My liner is coming apart at the bead. Pool is only 3 years old. Of course the pool company says its the liner maunfactor problem and the liner manufacturer says its the pool company's problem when it comes to the warranty. Lol go figure. Either way I have to have the serial number but I can't find it on the pool. Any suggestions of where to look? Thanks for the help in advance.

Tim

You should have gotten a warranty card when they installed the liner with the serial number on it. If not, call the installer and/or mfg and ask where it is. Ask the mfg if they stamp the S/N on the liner somewhere. I'd suspect on the bead, but don't know.

Thanks dave,

I did the install myself. I bought the kit but don't remember having a warranty card with the liner. From what they tell me its on the side wall somewhere. Sounds like its going to be a she said he said type of situation. I opted for the better liner when I bought it with a longer warranty. Might be buying a new liner. Lol It is separating right below the bead and above the design at the seam about 6" long.

Tim

Seem failures are usually covered by the liner mfg. and that's about all they cover. I'd press them about it. Do you have detailed measurements on the dig and installation? You can probably get them now just to prove you didn't overdig and stress the liner. Or have the liner mfg send out a rep to take or supervise measurements.

Linen,
The pool is 3 years old. I don't remember the specs on it. I know I double checked the height of it before installing the liner. There is no pulling or sagging anywhere except the normal amount that you would expect during filling. Pool is very level. It surprised me to see this because I took extra care and time to prepare the ground before install due to where we live and the fact the ground was soft at the time of install. I used a cement mix with the dirt to give it a harder foundation. This was a trick a friend showed me. When working with soft soil you mix in 2 parts porland cement in the soil and till it. Then tamp it, and let sit for a few.days. makes a very hard surface but still able to work with it. The pool moved very little after filled. Worst case scenario is I will have to buy a new liner. Still looking for the number though. Lol

The serial number could be on the back side of the wall part of the liner. I have one manufavturer that attaches thir barcoded serial # to the liner with tape. Another manufacturer use to samp the # into the bead. Good luck

I had the same problem, pool installer had to cut out and return the bad section of liner and also cut out the serial number which is stamped on the liner somewhere and send them back to the manufacturer to get there money back for the replacement liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.