Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: serial number

1. Back To Top    #1

serial number

Hi all, been a while.

Just a quick question. My liner is coming apart at the bead. Pool is only 3 years old. Of course the pool company says its the liner maunfactor problem and the liner manufacturer says its the pool company's problem when it comes to the warranty. Lol go figure. Either way I have to have the serial number but I can't find it on the pool. Any suggestions of where to look? Thanks for the help in advance.

Tim
    Delair 27', 52" round AGP. 19,300gal
    Waterway 22"/1.5hp pump, 2 speed/sand filter, BBB
    My BBB motto.."LESS IS MORE WITHOUT ALL THE CHORES, SO FOLLOW TFP AND IN THE END, THE POOL OWNER SCORES"!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: serial number

You should have gotten a warranty card when they installed the liner with the serial number on it. If not, call the installer and/or mfg and ask where it is. Ask the mfg if they stamp the S/N on the liner somewhere. I'd suspect on the bead, but don't know.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks dave,

I did the install myself. I bought the kit but don't remember having a warranty card with the liner. From what they tell me its on the side wall somewhere. Sounds like its going to be a she said he said type of situation. I opted for the better liner when I bought it with a longer warranty. Might be buying a new liner. Lol It is separating right below the bead and above the design at the seam about 6" long.

Tim
    My BBB motto.."LESS IS MORE WITHOUT ALL THE CHORES, SO FOLLOW TFP AND IN THE END, THE POOL OWNER SCORES"!

4. Back To Top    #4

That doesn't sound fun

I too wouldn't know where my serial number is

How old is the liner?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Seem failures are usually covered by the liner mfg. and that's about all they cover. I'd press them about it. Do you have detailed measurements on the dig and installation? You can probably get them now just to prove you didn't overdig and stress the liner. Or have the liner mfg send out a rep to take or supervise measurements.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Linen,
    The pool is 3 years old. I don't remember the specs on it. I know I double checked the height of it before installing the liner. There is no pulling or sagging anywhere except the normal amount that you would expect during filling. Pool is very level. It surprised me to see this because I took extra care and time to prepare the ground before install due to where we live and the fact the ground was soft at the time of install. I used a cement mix with the dirt to give it a harder foundation. This was a trick a friend showed me. When working with soft soil you mix in 2 parts porland cement in the soil and till it. Then tamp it, and let sit for a few.days. makes a very hard surface but still able to work with it. The pool moved very little after filled. Worst case scenario is I will have to buy a new liner. Still looking for the number though. Lol

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

The serial number could be on the back side of the wall part of the liner. I have one manufavturer that attaches thir barcoded serial # to the liner with tape. Another manufacturer use to samp the # into the bead. Good luck
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for all the input. I will let you all know how it turns out.

9. Back To Top    #9

I had the same problem, pool installer had to cut out and return the bad section of liner and also cut out the serial number which is stamped on the liner somewhere and send them back to the manufacturer to get there money back for the replacement liner.
    Dough Boy 12' x 24' Oval
    Wedding Cake Steps
    1500 SF Timber Tech Composite Decking

Video of my pool and retaining wall....Above Ground Pool Ideas - YouTube