High winds blew enough debris into our pool that the skimmer basket filled and I see a few leaves in the pump strainer. I removed the timer tripper and plan to clean the pump basket tomorrow morning. I have a Hayward RS750 with a multiport valve.
I gather the steps are as follows:
* Close both suction and the multiport and open filter air relief valve.
* Remove strainer cover.
* Remove leaves.
* Optionally lubricate o-ring.
* Add water if needed and replace strainer cover.
* Re-open both suction and multiport
* Turn on pump until primed.
* Keep pumping until water sprays from relief valve, then close relief valve.
I've never done this before. What can go wrong? Any thoughts / comments / stories? Well, maybe hold off on the horror stories until I'm done.