Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aluminum Pool Coping Question

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Aluminum Pool Coping Question

I read a few other articles on here, just need a confirmation that I have the right coping. Here is a pic

This coping needs to be replaced as well as the liner. Is this two stage coping that bolts into the metal and then snaps into place? How do I go about removing the old coping? Are there any guides online for this?

Inground Concrete Pool With Fiberglass Walls (20,000 Gallons), Hayward .75 Super Pump, Hayward S200 Sand Filter, Pentair IntelliChlor IC40

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Aluminum Pool Coping Question

There are several variations on that design. I can't tell for sure which one that is. Most likely the top piece is only held in by "snapping" over the edge and can be pulled off. Underneath that there is likely to be another piece that is bolted to the pool wall and possibly also embedded in the concrete. Often the lower piece also has the liner track as part of it, though that could be a separate part also bolted to the walls.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School