New Pool - looking to provide some shade for pump equipment

Re: New Pool - looking to provide some shade for pump equipm

I saw a video on YouTube where a guy in Arizona used two solar panels to cover the equipment, the panels were providing shade as well as powering the pump!

Well, perhaps he was powering something but it would be very unlikely he was having any success powering the pump.

A solar array to provide enough electricity to power a pool pump might be bigger than your house, I think! :shock:

duraleigh said:
Well, perhaps he was powering something but it would be very unlikely he was having any success powering the pump.

A solar array to provide enough electricity to power a pool pump might be bigger than your house, I think! :shock:

What you talkin bout Willis- watch the video :hammer:
Not saying its true or not just passin on a video that astonished me when I saw it. He had them run to an inverter with a kill-a-watt meter attached. In the video he talks about adding another fan due to heat and possibly more panels.

Would be pretty cool if you could truely use only solar to power the pump. :goodjob: talk about saving energy.

He has 480 watts of panels hooked up. With that he can run the pump as long as the sun is fully saturating the panels. He's running the pump at 1650 rpm. He's kludged together a system that looks like it's working ok. That system probably would cost about $3500 off the shelf. If I were going to do it I'd go ahead and add batteries and a charge controller.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I saw a thread on here where a guy used a grill shelter for his pool equipment. He put the taller side against his house and it made what looks like a great shelter. I read some reviews on the product and I think the fabric on top might need some reinforcement underneath to keep the cloth from sagging when it rains. I am going to get one since it is a lot cheaper than building one.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Cur ... r/19407322

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.