Hard plumbing intex 24' above ground pool

dcon40

Apr 7, 2013
I have just registered as a new member so please excuse if my questions seem like ones you have seen a dozen times.

jsf0656 has a post and video on you tube of exactly what I am trying to accomplish by:

Installing a Hayward through the wall skimmer
Hard plumbing the entire system

We have an Intex 24" AGP with intex sand filter and chlorine generator. When I look at earlier posts that say they contain parts lists and pics the images are no longer visable.

Can someone please give me a parts list and step by step instructions to accomplish this conversion?

Thank you. :)

Yeah, that's a bummer. Did some of those links have part information? I think some might contain searchable information.

Possibly others who have done the intex mods can re-post pics. Welcome to TFP.

I think I found a great solution and it doesn't require any cutting or shaving. I found this at Home Depot in the sprinkler plumbing section. Its a 1 1/2" to 1 1/4" reducer. It fits perfectly in the plunger collars. You just have to ad a 1 1/2" coupler and you can plumb with 1 1/2" piping. I also found a 1 1/2" threaded male adapter that screws into the bottom of the Hayward skimmer. Here are pics. I'll post more when I get the pool up and everything connected.

How did you try to add the pics? I am guessing they were too big if you just tried to upload directly. Either make them smaller or upload to a photo-hosting website and link them that way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks I was able to find it Moines from the info you provided. Did you have any issues with leaking around the gray collar when the reducer is mounted to the equipment? I think intex makes the small black gaskets to insert prior to joining pipes to equipment. Did you use those?

My son and I went looking for parts last night at Home Depot, specifically the reducer mentioned to attach to the threaded parts of Intex components. I ended up finding the box adapters at Lowes instead, and bought a 1.25" and 1.5" version of the grey box adapter. I saw in another thread where someone had used the 1.25" version, but it appeared to me that the 1.5" version was the better fit. On the parts that I found, I would've had to trim off the barbs and collar on the 1.25" adapter, but simply need to sand the top smooth on the 1.5" adapter.

I got most of it together this morning. A lot easier than I thought. First I cut the gasket in half and siliconed each piece to the face plate and skimmer body to make sure it didn't move during installation. I then put the faceplate up to the liner and punched out the top screw holes and inserted the screws in to hold the plate in place while punching out the other holes. Then inserted the rest of the screws and attached the skimmer body. Then cut the liner and insert the flapper. With the piping, measure out the straight pipes before cutting and the dry fit everything. Then use a black marker the mark where everything joins. That way you know exactly how far the push in the pipes when gluing. The second set of plumbing is for a 2500gph pump I got on Ebay for $60. I'm going to use it to run a pool vac. I also found a set of pool lights at Walmart for $10. It's 2 lights with LED's and a remote and use a magnetic plate to stick to the liner.. I was expecting Crud but they are really nice. They lit up the pool and half the yard. Here are the pics.

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/Vegas ... t=3&page=1

Nice job. But about the light make sure you check them every now and then cause the rubber sometimes leaks and causes the battery to leak. I have have the same lights and at 10 buck you can not go wrong.

Had to vacuum the pool this morning because of a 2 day wind storm. The vac attachment for the skimmer worked perfectly and there's a lot more suction with the larger pipes. I was thinking about upgrading to the larger sand filter but I don't think I need to now.

I checked the lights and one of them was full of water but it still worked. I'll put some silicone lube on the lid threads.

VegasGMC said:
I got most of it together this morning. A lot easier than I thought. First I cut the gasket in half and siliconed each piece to the face plate and skimmer body to make sure it didn't move during installation. I then put the faceplate up to the liner and punched out the top screw holes and inserted the screws in to hold the plate in place while punching out the other holes. Then inserted the rest of the screws and attached the skimmer body. Then cut the liner and insert the flapper. With the piping, measure out the straight pipes before cutting and the dry fit everything. Then use a black marker the mark where everything joins. That way you know exactly how far the push in the pipes when gluing. The second set of plumbing is for a 2500gph pump I got on Ebay for $60. I'm going to use it to run a pool vac. I also found a set of pool lights at Walmart for $10. It's 2 lights with LED's and a remote and use a magnetic plate to stick to the liner.. I was expecting **** but they are really nice. They lit up the pool and half the yard. Here are the pics.

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/Vegas ... t=3&page=1
Hello I am new to this web site and it looks like is what I am looking for, please forgive me if I make a mistake. I am getting the same pool 24 x 12 x 54" and I was looking at the same video I can put this together but like you I am stuck with the parts. I have also taken a look at the pictures in photo bucket my question for now is where can I get the grey adapter Home Depot or Lowes?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.