Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Universal Pressure Switch

1. Back To Top    #1

Universal Pressure Switch

I bought a Hayward heater late last year, used. I had to replace the pressure switch on it. When I went to the pool place today, the guy sold me a universal switch. I asked him if I had to adjust it at all and he didn't really seem to know much about it. Can someone direct me as to what I need to do when I install this if I need to do anything at all......

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Universal Pressure Switch

Give us the make and model of the switch and we'll be more help.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

HAXPSA1930 is the switch model from the owners manual. The universal switch is from Allied Innovations and the number is 800120.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Gurnee, IL (North Suburban Chi-town)

The universal switch looks similar to the original. Check your owner's manual, there should be a section on how to adjust the OEM pressure switch. I'd bet the same procedure would work on the new one.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry