Foam Insulation Layout?

Jul 15, 2012
This will be my first year putting up an Intext 20x48 pool, and I want to put some insulation board under it. I recall someone posting a diagram of how to lay it out and tape it all together to minimize the waste. Does anyone have that link? Just curious as to how many boards I will need.

Here also is a link to my install. About 2/3 down on page one is a picture of the actual foam layout.

the-process-of-installing-our-intex-26-x52-pool-t46052.html

I used duct tape and honestly not enough of it. General consensus on this board is to use Gorilla tape. One strip down center of the seams and then layer two more runs of tape, overlapping on either side of the first strip. Do it their way, not mine. The three strips of gorilla tape will work a LOT better than my duct tape.

Oh, remember to post pictures of your progress. We LOVE pictures!

Agreed. I only used ¼" foam board and didn't tape it very well. So far it's not been any real trouble, but when the pool needs to be vacuumed I can see the dirt that has settled into the cracks between the pieces of foam. It doesn't bother me nearly enough to drain the pool, move it, and re-tape it though!

Thanks guys. As far as the base, do you put a tarp down, then the insulation, and then another tarp? I think the pool comes with one base tarp. Just wondering which is better to use and where.

I first lay down the tarp that came with the pool. Then I lay down a30' x 60' tarp (1/2 over the blue tarp). The insulation was put down next and then I folded the 60'tarp over the top of the insulation. So, from ground up I have: tarp, tarp, insulation, tarp. May be over kill but I was determined to protect the pool bottom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.