New AquaBot Rapids XLS and 4WD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhalpinjr

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2011
Warner Robins, GA
Has anyone tried one of these new robots? they are $699 and $899 respectively here, 24 Month bumper to bumper warranty although only available through Brick and Mortar stores.

As these prices I'm thinking a robot may finally be in my future!

I'm hoping someone has one and can post a review!

OK so the first cleaning, the cord got massively tangled. I guess I need to adjust the axle steer a little bit.
One CON so far- even though it has massive compartments on each side for debris- if you lift it out of the pool like a mad man, the fine dirt will run back out through the intake, back into the pool.......lol

OK two cleaning so far.
I LOVE this thing.
So much different then using a Polaris with a boost pump. It cleans very well.
PROS: 60 foot cord, fast, cleans very well, HUGE debris collection buckets, so quiet without the Polaris boost pump
CONS: Careful when pulling out of pool or small debris that hasn't gotten into containers will drain into pool.
*** Once you realize you really should use the front axle adjuster you wont see tangled cable any more lol.

So far for $699 I am very impressed. Cleans well!

This is my first robot so take that into account.

IMO- This is a good cleaner and I am very happy. :goodjob:

I'm looking at robots, this one looks nice (speed). How fine is the mesh in the baskets? Like a leaf net or finer? Looking closely at this or the Dolphin Sprite Plus.

tcat said:
I'm looking at robots, this one looks nice (speed). How fine is the mesh in the baskets? Like a leaf net or finer? Looking closely at this or the Dolphin Sprite Plus.

Hi Tcat....They are very fine- I believe the specs say 2 micron... Cleaning is easy- there are two containers- these will hold a massive amount of material.

So far I am very impressed , so much more than with my Polaris

Thanks! Looking at the Breeze at Amazon. $50 less with 10' less cord length. 50' is plenty for me. How well does it do steps/waterline? Looks like its brushes vibrate left to right rather than a rotating brush. Not sure if that's something that could wear out faster than a Dolphin. Probably going with this guy very soon.

Tcat,

The brushes are static- they do not move at all....they just sweep across the bottom so they should last longer.
It has no problem going up the cove area and near the steps. They key is to figure out which setting on the steer axle works for your pool geometry.

Once I dialed mine in- I have had excellent cleaning results. It moves! a lot of water, very strong suction!

The breeze and the rapids are almost identical, with the exceptions you listed above. The rapids being more of a Brick and Mortar store series.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey jhalpinjr-

How's your new Aquabot XLS performing? And further issues?

My 2yr+ old Aquabot Supreme is having issues and I'm looking to upgrade. While I can probably coax it through another season, I rather enjoy my pool than fuss over it too much. And I'm tired of cleaning out the filter bag! Did the front axle adjuster solve the cord tangle problem? Is it climbing the walls to waterline without fail? Does it get hung up on the ladder at all?

TIA!

For what it's worth, I purchased the 4WD version from Amazon about two weeks ago and I love it. I decided to take the plunge after my Aquabot T4 Turbo had the water pump and transformer give out at the same time. :shock:

The 4WD Breeze is so much better than the T4. With The T4, I was constantly recovering it after the bag became full and the unit tipped itself over. The Breeze has not had an issue yet and I've been running it at least once a day.

There's absolutely nothing to adjust on the 4WD version. Basically you hook it up to the transformer and press the button. It runs for three hours, which is just about perfect for my 40x20 IG pool. As mentioned, the screen "boxes" hold a ton of material and it's super easy to clean. It just requires about a minute of hose time for each of the two boxes. So much easier than the bags in the T4. :whoot:

The Breeze spends most of its time on the floor, which I prefer. Every five passes or so, it will climb the wall up to the waterline. I've not had any issues with the cord getting tangled or twisted, which was a big problem with my T4.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm happy to help.

Ken

Looks like we have an xls and a 4wd owner here. Curious why you'd buy the 4wd version. It appears the xls is faster and pushes more water.

I got the 4WD version primarily because I was concerned about the xls version getting hung up on my main drain. Maybe an unfounded fear, but I didn't want to take a chance.

It moves about at the same speed in the water as my T4 did.

At the end of the day, since I typically run the unit overnight, the most important thing to me is that it completes it's cleaning cycle without tipping over, getting caught somewhere, or stopping because its bag is full. So far, so good.

Siamese said:
I got the 4WD version primarily because I was concerned about the xls version getting hung up on my main drain. Maybe an unfounded fear, but I didn't want to take a chance.

It moves about at the same speed in the water as my T4 did.

At the end of the day, since I typically run the unit overnight, the most important thing to me is that it completes it's cleaning cycle without tipping over, getting caught somewhere, or stopping because its bag is full. So far, so good.

Does the AWD climb walls fully or only partially?
Thanks

Siamese said:
The 4WD comes all the way up to the waterline, but only every fifth pass or so. On most passes once it gets vertical, it reverses direction and heads back the other way.

I'm debating between the Dolphin Evolution X5 and Aquabot Rapids 4WD and the XLS.
Out of curiosity why did you choose the Aquabot AWD?

Thanks for sharing

Siamese said:
I stuck with the aquabot, because I liked the T4 model I had used for a few years. I never really considered anything else.

Does it clean the bottom of pool good and around? Cleaning the filters pretty easy right?

I can probably deal with the unit only going up half way or so because no matter what unit I end
up buying I still have to brush the walls I think its kinda like flossing for your teeth gotta do it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.