Never Stuck System
1 & 2 hour timer settings
Water Mixing Capability: 85 Gallons per Minute
Filter Type: Basket Top Loading
Warranty: 2 Years, 1st year 100%,
2nd year limited

It's the one I'm getting.

Siamese said:
I have the AWD Breeze and it can climb my walls to the waterline, so I'm not sure what they mean by 60%.
Thanks for that input.
Did your Breeze come with an Automatic Timer?

I'm wondering if this isn't just new product miss-communications between Technical and Marketing.
I really have a hard time believing that they would name them almost identical then have so many differences.
Like on one page on their web site, it says both have a full two year warranty. On another, it says only the Rapids.

tcat said:
And the Breeze XLS:

For Above-Ground & In-Ground Pools
Pool to Wall Transition: Curved
Power Consumption: 180 Watts
Cable Length: 60'
Fixed Scrubbing Brushes
Floor, Wall, and Waterline
6800 sq. ft. per hour
Never Stuck System
1 & 2 hour timer settings
Water Mixing Capability: 85 Gallons per Minute
Filter Type: Basket Top Loading
Warranty: 2 Years, 1st year 100%,
2nd year limited

It's the one I'm getting.

Exactly.
When I read that compared to the 4WD Breeze, for my pool it would be the same or slightly better.
I'm a little skeptical about rotating brushes on my older Vinyl Liner pool..

Siamese said:
I have the AWD Breeze and it can climb my walls to the waterline, so I'm not sure what they mean by 60%.
is your wall 90 degree?
definitely sounds like the motor of the rapid is stronger 210w vs the breeze 180w, maybe this will allow the rapid to go up 90 degree wall better.
in terms of insurance, 1 year bumper to bumper, 2nd year only power supply, pump, motor.

I'm curious about the automatic timer - is it just the shut off timer (1 hr or 2 hrs), or can we set it to run daily?

This Warranty covers: (a), during the Initial Coverage Term, all parts of this unit, including power supplies, pumps, motors,
electrical cables, brushes, treads, belts, bushings, handles, enclosures, bags, wheels, remote controls and other components; (b),
during the Additional Coverage Term, the power supply, pump and motor of this unit; and (c), throughout the period this Warranty is
in effect, defects in workmanship or materials with respect to the then-covered parts under normal conditions and normal use, with
such use (i) in compliance with the Operator’s Manual (including without limitation the preventative maintenance described in such
Manual) and (ii) in private residential pools in the United States of Americ

I posted my experience in length about my AWD unit.
Not only does it climbs the wall no problem but it literally tries to climb out of the dam pool. I kid you not.
The only problem with XLS at this point is I have only heard one person write about it and it wasnt as positive and glowing as the AWD.
you can read my review at www.doheny.com about the AWD.
There is only 1 review and its mine.

mpk1970 said:
Not only does it climbs the wall no problem but it literally tries to climb out of the dam pool. I kid you not.
The only problem with XLS at this point is I have only heard one person write about it and it wasnt as positive and glowing as the AWD.
you can read my review at http://www.doheny.com about the AWD.

But which model is the Doheny AWD, a re-badged Rapid or a Breeze?
(Aquabot doesn't make any called a AWD, just 4WD, so it must be a re-badge)

I asked at Doheny's, but have yet to get an answer back.

I'm not sure exactly how you would tell, maybe by looking at the output of the Power Supply?
Or by how many sf/hr it is rated for on the box and/or included literature?

Thanks for any input you can provide.
Inquiring minds want to know...

TimCar said:
mpk1970 said:
you can read my review at http://www.doheny.com about the AWD.

But which model is the Doheny AWD, a re-badged Rapid or a Breeze?
(Aquabot doesn't make any called a AWD, just 4WD, so it must be a re-badge)

I asked at Doheny's, but have yet to get an answer back.

I'm not sure exactly how you would tell, maybe by looking at the output of the Power Supply?
Or by how many sf/hr it is rated for on the box and/or included literature?

Thanks for any input you can provide.
Inquiring minds want to know...

That I dont know but I have a belief it is both. My thoughts are both Rapids and Breeze
Are identical despite any differences possibly shows on any site.
Why? These are the only aquabot models built the way they are just like ecojet line.
I dont think any difference also because Doheny also called aquabot direct to verify
Before I bought it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
mpk1970 said:
That I dont know but I have a belief it is both. My thoughts are both Rapids and Breeze
Why? These are the only aquabot models built the way they are just like ecojet line.
I dont think any difference also because Doheny also called aquabot direct to verify
Before I bought it.

I'm sure you are correct.
The only difference is the Warranty is better for the BMO versions.

I found this PDF file buried on their web site that explains it all.
http://www.aquabot.com/PageFiles/1635/2013 Product Catalog.pdf

The BMO versions start on Page #20

In this catalog they have examples of what the cleaner is going to do when it hits a 90 Deg corner.
It shows both 4WD version will climb it, both XLS versions won't.

This is not a deal breaker for me, $250.00 difference means I'll have to scrub the vertical walls in the shallow end. (I'll have to do the stairs anyways)
I ordered the XLS.
It has to be better than my old Hayward Navigator...

that makes sense they are the same from the catalog. thanks for finding it.
finally the bot cleaner search is over! hopefully this will last for 10 years...

TimCar said:
mpk1970 said:
Before I bought it.

I'm sure you are correct.
The only difference is the Warranty is better for the BMO versions.

I found this PDF file buried on their web site that explains it all.
http://www.aquabot.com/PageFiles/1635/2013 Product Catalog.pdf

The BMO versions start on Page #20

In this catalog they have examples of what the cleaner is going to do when it hits a 90 Deg corner.
It shows both 4WD version will climb it, both XLS versions won't.

This is not a deal breaker for me, $250.00 difference means I'll have to scrub the vertical walls in the shallow end. (I'll have to do the stairs anyways)
I ordered the XLS.
It has to be better than my old Hayward Navigator...

Thanks for finding that pdf! A few conflicts between it and their main web pages, especially about the walls and waterline. Interesting the xls cable swivels and the 4wd doesn't. Hopefully there will be more xls owners that can chime in about how well their walls are cleaned (what is "partial wall"?). Still leaning towards the Breeze xls.

Those of you who bought the XLS or 4WD, how deep are your pools? Mine has a diving board and about 8-9 ft deep at the deep end. About 22 feet long x 12 feet wide at the big end. Shallow end is much smaller. Just wondering if these 2 are underpowered for cleaning my pool or not. Pool does get a fair amount of debris from nearby trees, flowers, plants, etc.

I have a 20x40 IG with an 8 foot deep end. The 4WD does a fine job of making it down to the depths of the deep end and traveling up to the waterline. It does a good job overall in cleaning the pool -- I'm still very happy with it.

Siamese said:
I have a 20x40 IG with an 8 foot deep end. The 4WD does a fine job of making it down to the depths of the deep end and traveling up to the waterline. It does a good job overall in cleaning the pool -- I'm still very happy with it.

Nice. Then the 4wd should do nicely for me also. Care to share your purchase location and pricing? If its against rules, can you please PM me to discuss? Not many places to shop around for it online it seems other than Doheny's.

A reply from Aquabot about XLS vs 4WD:

"The XLS is a floor only cleaner unless there is a 60 degree or less radius from the floor to the wall. In that case it will climb, depending on the programming, close to the waterline.
The 4WD is a floor and wall cleaner. And yes since the XLS runs solely on the pump motor it pumps more than the 4WD. Not much, but more."

My question: What is a 60 degree radius? How many pools have 60 degree walls?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.