New AquaBot Rapids XLS and 4WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pool Supplies dot com? Let us know how it goes; that seller needs a better rating! Did you pay for next day freight, or they say "tomorrow" on a regular order? I think I change my mind daily as to which bot I'll buy.

geekfamily said:
Well, I just ordered the Breeze 4WD online for 599...will be here tomorrow. Anxious to try it out!

@tcat - Yes on the retailer. I ordered yesterday morning as I received an email for free shipping and that bot was on the email for 599. Decided to take a chance. It shipped the same day (yesterday afternoon) via FedEx and will be here in 2 days...tomorrow. I also got email notifications from them several times throughout the day as the status changed. With the coupon code for free shipping the total was 599 with FedEx shipping.

Our pool is only 2 weeks old, and I bought a Pentair Legend II (no booster pump needed)...and it has been doing pretty well. I decided to try this 4wd robot though, as the Legend does get stuck by the stairs fairly often (made adjustments, but still happens), plus my wife runs it and has to open the "cleaner" valve manually, hit some EasyTouch buttons, etc. Thinking this might be easier for her to plug in and go. Plus we have a waterfall that has to be off when the Legend is running. The Breeze will not be integrated into our pump plumbing so the waterfall, deck jets, etc can all be run independent from the robot however she wants.

Folks seem to take about all the "grit" that this thing picks up, and that is mostly want we have. It makes the seams on our liner visible on the bottom...when it collects. Hoping the 4wd does not get stuck.

A little worried about reliability, but with the Legend as a backup that helps. I will keep you posted!

BTW, here is the email with promo code if it helps anyone...

Attachments

• cleaner.jpg
    cleaner.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 173
Well, I decided to order the 4WD also. Real leery about this online place, but why not, seems to be a few happy customers here. The thing that I fear is they run out and send something different (see their terms):

PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS
While we try our best to keep our website and system up to date with the latest information, occasionally something will become discontinued or out of stock before we have a chance to make the necessary changes. We cannot guarantee that all items originally shown on our website will be available for the entire season. We will try to substitute an item of similar or higher quality product. If you are unhappy with the substituted product please contact our Customer Service Department.

But for the price, worth the risk.

For those that bought the Aquabot, I called Aquabot and asked about buying at random online retailer ( with often way below retail prices ) and how that effects warranty .. they said it will not. It doesn't have to be bought from an authorized dealer. As long as you have a receipt, they will honor your warranty status. They don't make the consumer pay for buying from a seller.

So basically as long as you can get a good deal on it, you should be safe.

Link doesn't work. I won't be happy if it doesn't climb wall and move along waterline (as advertized). Would have gladly paid $100 more for the Sharkvac XL since I've seen a video with it working well.

caycarem said:
my 4WD arrived yesterday, here's a video i took w/ my phone. i watched for 10m or so but havent seen it go up the water line. it goes very slowly and boring.
got it here for $567 after $10 coupon, went up to $588 now but still i think that's the cheapest.
http://www.nationalpoolwholesalers.com/_Aqua_Products_--CAT_PCLIFRAQUP.html
here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR33msbI2xQ

caycarem said:
my 4WD arrived yesterday, here's a video i took w/ my phone. i watched for 10m or so but havent seen it go up the water line. it goes very slowly and boring.
got it here for $567 after $10 coupon, went up to $588 now but still i think that's the cheapest.
here's the video:

Video is in private mode. Set to unlisted or public and we should be able to see it using the link.

caycarem said:
here's the video:

Yes we can't see your video. It says private.
Are you saying it doesn't climb your wall at all or it simply doesn't go to the waterline but it does climb the wall?

I have no problems with mine climbing wall and going to waterline. It does not go to waterline all the time. But thats ok.
I still believe no matter what cleaner you have you need to do your walls manually 1x month at least. It takes 5 minutes.

tcat said:
Link doesn't work. I won't be happy if it doesn't climb wall and move along waterline (as advertized). Would have gladly paid $100 more for the Sharkvac XL since I've seen a video with it working well.

caycarem said:
here's the video:

Tcat, it doesn't move along waterline. It does go up to waterline but not on every climb on the wall. Not sure if thats good or bad for you but for me I don't care.
Anybody who relies on these soft rubber brushes for their walls as opposed to 5 min of using the tough bristle head placed on a pool stick, manual approach, is falling short.
Imagine taking a soft cloth to brush your teeth instead of a brush.

But again, this unit is a dirt/debris sucking machine!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I assumed "wall" included waterline. No biggie. I brush walls only once or twice a year, so hoping the robot would remove that need. I'm happy saving $125 over the Sharkvac XL, it probably cleans waterline much better, but waterline is certainly the easiest thing to brush. I do think the 4WD will hold more leaves and acorns (my biggest problem in the spring). If the 4WD doesn't really do waterline, the XLS is probably adequate... but with costs so close the 4WD is probably the better choice.

Ordered yesterday before 3:00, still no shipping notice.

So I'm just starting on caring for my own pool after having local pool company service it.

How often should I be dropping the robot in for cleaning? Depends how dirty my pool floor is?

I get a ton of leaves that float along which my skimmer helps with .. but still it looks like I'll need to buy myself a net of some sort?

Wow that moves slow up the wall... can't believe it will do the whole surface area in 3 hours.

As far as "how often", I have a pressure side Platinum Legend that I leave in the pool 24/7. It runs 2 hours per day and pool bottom stays very clean. Could probably do it once or twice a week, but I didn't want to mess with it. The reason I bought a Robot is "I think" they'll be easier to put in and pull out "as needed", and therefore no ugly cleaner in the pool all the time. I assume with rotating brush and finer filter, pool should also end up cleaner. It also uses less power. Don't have the 4WD yet so can't comment much more (other than I sure hope it's supposed to move faster!)

tcat said:
Wow that moves slow up the wall... can't believe it will do the whole surface area in 3 hours.

As far as "how often", I have a pressure side Platinum Legend that I leave in the pool 24/7. It runs 2 hours per day and pool bottom stays very clean. Could probably do it once or twice a week, but I didn't want to mess with it. The reason I bought a Robot is "I think" they'll be easier to put in and pull out "as needed", and therefore no ugly cleaner in the pool all the time. I assume with rotating brush and finer filter, pool should also end up cleaner. It also uses less power. Don't have the 4WD yet so can't comment much more (other than I sure hope it's supposed to move faster!)

I used to have a pressure side cleaner but I also wanted to get away from expensive electric bills. I started by swapping to an Intelliflo pump that should pay for itself quickly. Then I moved onto the cleaner which had been broken for some time. It definitely was an eye sore and liked to tangle on itself. Never really did a good job cleaning either. So being a techy guy I found my way here and the robots.

I get my 4WD on Saturday and will drop it in. I have a GoPro too so I can set it up for time lapse or video of some sort. Sure hope its worth the investment!

Caycarem, something must be wrong with your unit. It is really really slow.
My unit moves pretty dang fast.
If I saw that video I would never buy the aquabot AWD. Thankfully I know that is not a true representation
Of the model's performance.

That's good to know! Hopefully it's not a "feature" of the discounted ones! (moves slow so it scrubs better)

Curious, supposed to have a 2 micron filter, does it? That's VERY fine. The pictures look more like a leaf net. 2 micron is finer than a paint filter.
I use a 5 gallon paint strainer for the material in my leaf rake, and it picks up everything on the surface. I'm hoping the filter in these baskets is as fine.

you seem to have gotten a perfect bot, mind to post a video for us to see how fast it goes and how often to the water line?
I want to see another bot run before i call aquabot support.

mpk1970 said:
Caycarem, something must be wrong with your unit. It is really really slow.
My unit moves pretty dang fast.
If I saw that video I would never buy the aquabot AWD. Thankfully I know that is not a true representation
Of the model's performance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.