New AquaBot Rapids XLS and 4WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New AquaBot Rapids XLS and 4WD UPDATE 5/31

UPDATE 5/31: Sorry all XLS I haven't posted much on this thread since I started it.
After 7 cleanings 47 days of ownership my XLS died. Yes.
Its back at the store for warranty. Basically the lights on the power supply just flash. None of the few brief steps in the manual helped.

Disappointed to say the least.

jhalpinjr said:
UPDATE 5/31: Sorry all XLS I haven't posted much on this thread since I started it.
Its back at the store for warranty. Basically the lights on the power supply just flash. None of the few brief steps in the manual helped.

You gotta be shittin' me? That is horrible!! I got the AWD hope that fares better. Looks like some power supply issue.
Mine does flash but only if I don't press the ON button.

Let me know what happens going forward.

FYI - Leisure Living, aka poolsupplies.com, just started a sale on "pool cleaners," and has the "Aquabot Breeze 4WD Robotic Pool Cleaner" available for $599.99, http://www.poolsupplies.com/product/cle ... ol-cleaner, you can also use coupon code " LPOOLB " to receive $10 off, which would save shipping costs. Based on all I've read here, I'm taking a shot and ordered this today for my vinyl 20 x 40 ig pool, with an 8-foot deep end and 90-degree walls.

Update: I ordered this unit Friday about 2:00 pm, I received it Saturday around 4:00 pm! I didn't ask for or pay for expedited shipping. Have already used it on my pool (which we have been manually and auto vacuuming non-stop because during opening, my son & his friend didn't clean the cover off and then accidentally dumped the contents in the pool). I'm astonished at how much it has picked up already.

msmangin said:
FYI - Leisure Living, aka poolsupplies.com, just started a sale on "pool cleaners," and has the "Aquabot Breeze 4WD Robotic Pool Cleaner" available for $599.99, http://www.poolsupplies.com/product/cle ... ol-cleaner, you can also use coupon code " LPOOLB " to receive $10 off, which would save shipping costs. Based on all I've read here, I'm taking a shot and ordered this today for my vinyl 20 x 40 ig pool, with an 8-foot deep end and 90-degree walls.

Dang great deal. No brainer.
Mine works great so far. Really sucks up every dam speck of dirt in pool. My pool gets a ton of sand/dirt/crud here in S. FLA. I was gone for 11 days in Italy.
Came back pool was disgusting.
Threw my Aquabot AWD then walked away to unpack.
Couple hours later, spotless!! Cleaned out the 2 cartridges with hose in like 2 minutes. Tons of Crud this unit picked up.
So far its been great investment.

caycarem said:
in 4 1 Aquabot Breeze 4WD below $600 (google shopping is your friend!) now gotta figure out how to set up a timer for daily cleaning.
I just bought the 4wd for $599 with free shipping and had it in 2 days!

Love it! I am new to this site. Found the site looking for answers to well water etc. Now converting to the BBB method. Order the test kit from here so struggling with numbers on the dip sticks (apt named!)

Great deal. I see a Sharkvac for $499 too. I was about to buy a Sharkvac XL, now I may reconsider.

Did you buy it from the same place (Poolsupplies.com)? Not a good Rellerrating (.36/100)

melby01 said:
caycarem said:
in 4 1 Aquabot Breeze 4WD below $600 (google shopping is your friend!) now gotta figure out how to set up a timer for daily cleaning.

Love it! I am new to this site. Found the site looking for answers to well water etc. Now converting to the BBB method. Order the test kit from here so struggling with numbers on the dip sticks (apt named!)

Yeah, I bought it at Poolsupplies.com. I did so knowing that their return policy is that you have to pay back their free shipping to you unless the item was defective. That is why their rating is low, but also why they have good prices. I knew I wanted an Aquabot, so if this Breeze 4WD doesn't work out for me, I'm going to deal with the manufacturer directly and see if I can pay the retail difference for a different model. I spoke with them before I bought it, and they were more than accommodating about my 'newness' to the pool world. So far though, I LOVE this bot. The only thing is that it does tend to want to hang out in the deep end. I'm going to call Aquabot on Monday to figure this out. But I think it picks up well, and if it doesn't pick up as well as the the original bots, I think the trade off of ease of use is worth it! Plus, I wish I had this bot with the large baskets when I was opening my pool and had so much debris! It would have been a God Send! As long as it doesn't break, I wouldn't trade those large baskets for the 'screen' on the Hayward that the pool store tried to sell me....for $400 more!
tcat said:
Did you buy it from the same place (Poolsupplies.com)? Not a good Rellerrating (.36/100)

melby01 said:
caycarem said:

Were you able to see a Hayward Sharkvac XL at a store? I can't find one. The filter bin on the Hayward seems a little smaller, but not a lot smaller. Has 2 filters and 2 cavities just like the Aquabot (but definitely smaller). The Hayward is only about $100 more online (than that tremendously low 4WD price). Since my Platinum Legend hasn't totally died yet, I'm still on the sidelines watching for more 4WD feedback. A new Youtube video would be great! If the SharkVac actually moves like this "semi-animated" video, it looks impressive. My main reservation is no anti-twist in the cord. And lack of reviews on either.

edit: I also have reservations about lack of info on the Aquabot website (mainly lack of parts diagram, parts list, where to buy spare parts). May be just because it's so new... but if it means nothing will ever wear out... I'll buy one!).

melby01 said:
......As long as it doesn't break, I wouldn't trade those large baskets for the 'screen' on the Hayward that the pool store tried to sell me....for $400 more!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
tcat said:
Were you able to see a Hayward Sharkvac XL at a store?

:? No, he had the Tiger Shark. I went online and looked at the Sharkvac since reading your post. It looks kinda cool. The filters look like they may be made out of paper or cloth...might be better. I'd like to see it in person. I didn't want one that I had to turn upside down, that is why I didn't like the Tiger Shark.

What's the story on the filter in the baskets? Do you have to call to get the fine mesh? I think 2 micron is advertized, that's about as fine as you can get without clogging. "Fine silt blowing through the stock baskets"... anyone else seeing that issue? Are they sending 2 sets of baskets now?

jhalpinjr said:
Also FYI- They have another set of baskets that can inside that are much finer than the screens. I was noticing that very fine silt was blowing through the stock media baskets. Their R&D department actually called me back (impressive) and sent another set to try- they work great, but are more difficult to clean. Im not sure they are on the market yet with these finer media baskets.

I can post pictures if anyone is interested.

jhalpinjr said:

that is terrible, already ONE dead out of only a handful of us owning one of these. keep us posted. I hope this worked out for you and this was just a random issue.

Melby01
I think you will be pleasantly surprised how well this unit picks up everything in the pool.
I wish it had a caddy though.
Hard to store as I clean the pool every 3 days.

MPK1970, I bought a generic caddy. Haven't assembled it yet though. Right now I like it a lot. Hope it doesn't break like caycarem's. Right now I just store the power supply in my pool box and leave the bot next to the pool box. When I get the cart assembled, I plan to use a outdoor chair storage cover to cover the cart and bot.

melby01 said:
MPK1970, I bought a generic caddy. Haven't assembled it yet though. Right now I like it a lot. Hope it doesn't break like caycarem's. Right now I just store the power supply in my pool box and leave the bot next to the pool box. When I get the cart assembled, I plan to use a outdoor chair storage cover to cover the cart and bot.

Good idea. Need to figure something out.

melby01 said:
tcat said:
Does it hurt to leave these things in the pool (unplugged)?
I would worry about too much chlorine exposure to the gaskets. I hose out the baskets and the inside of the bot when I take it out of the pool.

I have salt water pool and would never leave it in the pool. Salt water causes all kinds of problems for boats down here.
Im sure it would do the same to the robot cleaners or any type of cleaner for that matter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.