New AquaBot Rapids XLS and 4WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd day with Aquabot AWD from Dohenys

Yesterday I used this unit to clean my pool. Did an excellent job. 9/10. The walls are the weak point of the unit. It does climb them no problem but without any scrubber I do not believe it does much. But this is ok. I only have to brush my walls every month or two. Literally takes 5 minutes.

Today I threw in the AWD. Pool was already spotless or so I thought. Let it run for 2 hours pulled it up. Dam again it sucked up tons of sand/dirt/grit.
So easy to clean! Literally just take a hose to the two pull out plastic encased cartridges. To think for 2 years I always had this Crud in my pool is no wonder
my water never was crystal clear. In just two days, I've said to the family, geez I can literally see a difference with the pool water.

I can't believe how much Crud I get in the pool down here in S. FLA.

THIS AQUABOT AWD IS AN AWESOME UNIT!!!

I have also had a better experience with my 4WD the past few days. I adjusted the suction ports on the bottom and it seems to be working much better. I am amazed at the crud in the baskets. These baskets really are better than a bag, so much easier to clean. We will see - when I wasn't happy with it I got impulse and ordered a Dolphin. Not sure which I will keep, but somebody is going to get a good deal on a lightly used bot!

twpiv said:
I have also had a better experience with my 4WD the past few days. I adjusted the suction ports on the bottom and it seems to be working much better. I am amazed at the crud in the baskets. These baskets really are better than a bag, so much easier to clean. We will see - when I wasn't happy with it I got impulse and ordered a Dolphin. Not sure which I will keep, but somebody is going to get a good deal on a lightly used bot!

Funny I almost did same thing. I.e. ordered a dolphin.
Which dolphin did you order. This is actually good because you can compare the two.
Will you kindly let us know about the performance of the Fin vs AWD
Thanks

Thanks for all your input and feedback on these products guys. I think I'm leaning towards the Aquabot 4WD model. Where are you guys finding good deals on them onilne? I see poolproducts4less has it for $630 or so. Other than that I can't seem to find it online very easily. Most retailers don't seem to have it on their sites.

I got the dolphin evolution x5. I already know that is the one I'll be keeping since my wife likes the idea of the remote control! If anyone wants a aquabot 4wd and is close enough to come pick it up I'll let mine go for $600.

Wondering why the 4WD costs more than the XLS.

XLS: Cleans Floor, Wall, and Waterline; Mixes 85 g/m - 6800 sq ft per hour; 1 & 2 hour cycles; static brushes

4WD: Cleans Floor and Wall; Mixes 70 g/m - 5400 sq ft per hour; 3 hour cycle; rotating brushes; a little better 2nd year warranty.

Is the 4WD mainly for larger pools? I don't get the $200-$300 more cost of the 4WD.

dbizzle22 said:
Thanks for all your input and feedback on these products guys. I think I'm leaning towards the Aquabot 4WD model. Where are you guys finding good deals on them onilne? I see poolproducts4less has it for $630 or so. Other than that I can't seem to find it online very easily. Most retailers don't seem to have it on their sites.

Yes they have best price. Doheny also has them for 799.00

Some places price match and I did have doheny price match for me the 4wd unit so I got it for 623.00
Great unit

tcat said:
Wondering why the 4WD costs more than the XLS.

XLS: Cleans Floor, Wall, and Waterline; Mixes 85 g/m - 6800 sq ft per hour; 1 & 2 hour cycles; static brushes

4WD: Cleans Floor and Wall; Mixes 70 g/m - 5400 sq ft per hour; 3 hour cycle; rotating brushes; a little better 2nd year warranty.

Is the 4WD mainly for larger pools? I don't get the $200-$300 more cost of the 4WD.

From what I understand XLS does not get around as good as AWD version.
AWD does better job of climbing walls.
I think if u have the cash go with AWD cuz performance better but have not seen side to side so can't say for certain.

mpk1970 said:
dbizzle22 said:

Some places price match and I did have doheny price match for me the 4wd unit so I got it for 623.00
Great unit

If I buy from poolproducts4less, will that cause any warranty issues? I read somewhere that some brands void warranty when bought online.

Also, I emailed Aquabot and they recommend their Extreme model for my pool ( 8 ft deep, curved transitions, 22 ft long, 15 feet wide ). Any feedback? I'm drowning in all this info and options!

I think the ones that don't honor online are not sold online. I was thinking the Rapids XLS and 4WD were not sold online (Breeze is the online version). But that place has good prices on both. I'd call them to make sure you get the factory warranty. I may buy the XLS there. It moves more water, but I assume it's 2WD? Also static brush rather than rotating brush, which "might" make the 4WD clean better. Still undecided.

dbizzle22 said:
mpk1970 said:
dbizzle22 said:

Great unit

If I buy from poolproducts4less, will that cause any warranty issues? I read somewhere that some brands void warranty when bought online.

Also, I emailed Aquabot and they recommend their Extreme model for my pool ( 8 ft deep, curved transitions, 22 ft long, 15 feet wide ). Any feedback? I'm drowning in all this info and options!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
dbizzle22 said:
mpk1970 said:
dbizzle22 said:

Great unit

Im not sure what the extreme model is but I can tell you these models are not like Dolphin models where if you buy online warranty is void. Aquabot stands behind these models no matter where you buy for 2 years.
Remember though unlike Dolphins there is no drive/tracks so I am expecting these models to last much longer.

Because of the reseller link. Going with the Breeze xls, waiting to see if there's a memorial day ale anywhere.

Edit: That's a funny typo, "sale" I meant.

tcat said:
Because of the reseller link. Going with the Breeze xls, waiting to see if there's a memorial day ale anywhere.

Edit: That's a funny typo, "sale" I meant.

Easy solution. Dohenys which was awesome. They price match. Read my story in previous posts.

tcat said:
Because of the reseller link. Going with the Breeze xls, waiting to see if there's a memorial day ale anywhere....
While you were searching for that Memorial Day Ale :cheers: , did you come across any good discounts on the Aquabot XLS anywhere?

The best I've seen at a legitimate place is $549.00.
Doheny's is showing $589.99 but from I read in this thread they will match it so I'll get it there.
-unless-
Someone else in another thread here posted a price of $650.00 for the 4WD model and if they can remember where it was, I'm going to grab that one.

caycarem said:
Is rapid 4WD and breeze 4WD the same model?
I thought they were identical (just different colors) but according to their web site, there are some differences.

I'm no expert on this, but here's what I just learned.

Rapids:
http://www.aquabot.com/residential/aquabot-rapids-4wd/
Product/Pool Features:
For Above-Ground & In-Ground Pools
Length: 61'
Surfaces: All Except Tile
PVA Wheels Available for pods
Pool to Wall Transition: 90 Degree Angle
Power Consumption: 210 Watts
Cleaning: 4500 sq. ft. per hour
Cleaning: Compatible with External Timer *External Timer Not Included
Warranty: 2 Years 100%

Breeze:
http://www.aquabot.com/residential/aquabot-breeze-4wd/
Product/Pool Features:
Inground Pool
Length: 60'
Surfaces: Vinyl, Gunite/Concrete, Fiberglass, Tile
Profile: Sloped
Pool to Wall Transition: 60 Degree Angle
Electrical Requirements: 24 VDC / 180 W
Cleaning: 5400 sq. ft. per hour
Cleaning: Automatic Timer
Warranty: 1 Year 100% 2nd Year Limited

So according to them, the Rapids is for use with above and in ground pools, has a 30 Degree higher climbing capacity, uses more energy, cycles less water, doesn't come with a timer and has a better warranty.
(And it has a 1' longer cord...)

It's that 90 Degree vs 60 Degree that has me on pause now.
My Pool has 90 Degree transitions in the shallow end, and if the Breeze can't climb those walls, it's the same as a less expensive XLS to me.

I sent a message to Doheny's to ask which model is their "Doheny's AWD" is, a Rapids or a Breeze...

thanks for the info, rapid seems better.
TimCar said:
caycarem said:
Is rapid 4WD and breeze 4WD the same model?
I thought they were identical (just different colors) but according to their web site, there are some differences.

I'm no expert on this, but here's what I just learned.

Rapids:
http://www.aquabot.com/residential/aquabot-rapids-4wd/
Product/Pool Features:
For Above-Ground & In-Ground Pools
Length: 61'
Surfaces: All Except Tile
PVA Wheels Available for pods
Pool to Wall Transition: 90 Degree Angle
Power Consumption: 210 Watts
Cleaning: 4500 sq. ft. per hour
Cleaning: Compatible with External Timer *External Timer Not Included
Warranty: 2 Years 100%

Breeze:
http://www.aquabot.com/residential/aquabot-breeze-4wd/
Product/Pool Features:
Inground Pool
Length: 60'
Surfaces: Vinyl, Gunite/Concrete, Fiberglass, Tile
Profile: Sloped
Pool to Wall Transition: 60 Degree Angle
Electrical Requirements: 24 VDC / 180 W
Cleaning: 5400 sq. ft. per hour
Cleaning: Automatic Timer
Warranty: 1 Year 100% 2nd Year Limited

So according to them, the Rapids is not for use with above ground pools, has a 30 Degree higher climbing capacity, uses more energy, cycles less water, doesn't come with a timer and has a better warranty.
(And it has a 1' longer cord...)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.