New AquaBot Rapids XLS and 4WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought my rapid 4wd and this thing is great. just not sure what to do with those 4 foam blocks and how to place the foam blocks . i have two together on the top of the plastic thingy and there are two empty spaces. please help

The blocks are to make sure it turns at 90 degrees. if you look on Page 4 of the Opps. Instructions booklet it shows you when and where to install them

Not sure if I ever got foam blocks. I have the Breeze 4wd. Nothing on it that looks adjustable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The foam blocks (called Floater modular in parts list) should be installed in a white L shaped plastic cage(called floating Cell 5 in parts list) mounted between the 2 filter baskets on the side of the power cable. The power cable loops under the cage. The cage pulls out for you to add or remove some of the blocks. My unit came with 2 blocks installed and 2 in with the owner’s manual.

Pages 44 & 45 Part #’s 480 & 480.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnkjsgqocihsq0j/2014_Retail_Parts_Catalog_lowres.pdf

Thanks! I was thinking the foam was in the handle. Found the little cage inside; only has one large piece of foam (not 2 like the picture). I need to read the manual to see what it does... since mine seems to work great I doubt I'll mess with it.

The foam blocks (called Floater modular in parts list) should be installed in a white L shaped plastic cage(called floating Cell 5 in parts list) mounted between the 2 filter baskets on the side of the power cable. The power cable loops under the cage. The cage pulls out for you to add or remove some of the blocks. My unit came with 2 blocks installed and 2 in with the owner’s manual.

Pages 44 & 45 Part #’s 480 & 480.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnkjsgqocihsq0j/2014_Retail_Parts_Catalog_lowres.pdf

In Australia the Rapids is rebadged as the Max+5 and there seems to be a variant called the Max+3 that doesn't climb walls. Now, while it would be great to support the local dealers the price of the Max+5 is fairly close to $2000 retail, not found any decent pricing for these online yet but will keep looking. Now, given that I can ship a Breeze 4WD to Australia for around $900 (correction $700) the main concerns I'm left with are the Warranty and the power conversion from 110V. Has anyone gone through this process using one in here?

Now, on the power conversion front I have a Pandora Smart (rebadged Auqabot Bravo) that has a 240v power transformer that is still functional. These look to have the same cable connector and DC voltage output. Anyone know if they use the same supply? The Bravo runs for 90mins though, while it looks like the Breeze runs for 3 hours.

Failing that I'll be getting a new pump motor for the Pandora....:)

In Australia the Rapids is rebadged as the Max+5 and there seems to be a variant called the Max+3 that doesn't climb walls. Now, while it would be great to support the local dealers the price of the Max+5 is fairly close to $2000 retail, not found any decent pricing for these online yet but will keep looking. Now, given that I can ship a Breeze 4WD to Australia for around $900 (correction $700) the main concerns I'm left with are the Warranty and the power conversion from 110V. Has anyone gone through this process using one in here?

Now, on the power conversion front I have a Pandora Smart (rebadged Auqabot Bravo) that has a 240v power transformer that is still functional. These look to have the same cable connector and DC voltage output. Anyone know if they use the same supply? The Bravo runs for 90mins though, while it looks like the Breeze runs for 3 hours.

Failing that I'll be getting a new pump motor for the Pandora....:)
Here is a pic of a Rabids 4WD power supply label and a/c cord
Robbie PS.jpg

It looks like it’s good for your voltage
It also looks like it’s no big deal replacing the power cord with a local style.

You can pick up 4WD at 1/3 the cost (620 USD) on the web from a US distributer – not sure what shipping would cost – I think it was 30-35lbs. As far as a warranty, if there is none you could buy a spare and still be way ahead:cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So the Rapids and Breeze 4WD share the same transformer? If so thats good news....
I believe their the same machine, just different sales channels and warranty. The Rabids has full 2 year warranty & the Breeze one year. What funny is the replacement filter baskets for the Rapids is half the price of the baskets for the Breeze?
You can't go wrong with ether

Looks like the aqua bot awd is on clearance sale now at dohenys. $599

Good price as it appears to be a private label 4WD and sometimes these sellers give better service then the manufacture.
They may have bought large numbers to get the private and since the market price is from $600-$700 they had to price match. iRobot sells their version, the Mirra, for $1299 now reduced to $999:rolleyes:

OR, there is something not holding up with the product and their stopping production?
Based on my short use of the 4WD and the feedback here on TFP as well as most other sites it's a good product.

I know the Aquabot 4WD is made for inground pools, but could it be used in an above ground pool too? I'm not gonna want to get in cold water to vacuum at the beginning & end of the swimming season (I knew we had 5 seasons ;) ). This one sounds like it's a really good model!

I'm considering either the 4wd model or the xls. I can get xls for $399, or 4wd for $599. I have a vinyl 16x32 IG. I'm wondering if I can get away with the xls? I really don't need wall cleaning, but my pool on deep end has a tapered wall that startsnat 3.5 from the top that's sloped. Anyone think the xls will climb that OK? Also, I have read some bad reviews of these units, but sounds like everyone here is pretty happy???? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.