I purchased a house with a 20,000 gallon indoor pool/spa which has 7 pumps + blower. House was built in 1990 and all was original equipment. Here's the current status:
* circulation pump (new Pentair VS)
* Pump for 6 lion heads (new Pentair 2-speed)
* Pump for 6 jets in Spa (old Pentair)
* 2nd Pump for 6 more jets in Spa (old Pentair, not yet hooked up to Intellitouch)
* Pump for 1 jet in Captain's chair in Spa (old Pentair that has a slow leak, not yet hooked up to Intellitouch)
* 2 mystery pumps (broken)
* 1 blower (broken).
* 1 Stenner bleach pump
This all started out as a complete mess. We didn't even find the underground pump room till a month after we moved in. When we did, we found two dead possum skeletons
With the help of my father, I've replaced two of the pumps, redone all the electrical (we now have an Intellitouch system). I'm wondering, though, whether we can use a single pump for the Spa (to run the 12 jets plus the one big jet in the Captain's chair. I don't have any desire to selectively turn on/off jets in the spa; I want them either all on or all off.
If we can do that, that'd leave us a pump or two with which we can replace the mystery pumps and see what they do.
All plumbing is 2" lines.
Pump floor is about 6' below the pool line.
I've enclosed pictures of the pool (with the lion-head pumps on), along with pictures of the pump room.