Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12x24 Gemini Inground Pool Install . Barrie Ontario Canada

1. Back To Top    #1

12x24 Gemini Inground Pool Install . Barrie Ontario Canada

Here is the same pool installed last year.

This pool was installed up the street from me. So I decided I would get the same pool.
    My yard is a little smaller than this backyard but should fill my yard nicely.

Stay tuned over the next 3 weeks for photos of the build!

April 7 2013 ---Here is the fence being taken down today! They are going to start to bring the equipment to the backyard and get it
    ready for the weather to change. Its still very cold outside here in Barrie, Ontario. With Roller Coaster Temps for the
    next few weeks with rain. Will Update as the pool build moves along, and maybe I will have questions also.
    I have been lurking over the winter and reading all the posts on here.
    Thanks for a great pool Forum. !

Stay Tuned Folks !

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 12x24 Gemini Inground Pool Install . Barrie Ontario Cana

Welcome to TFP, did you have the dog take the whole fence down or just help with the boards?
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

3. Back To Top    #3

Is that a Boxer? We have a Boxer. I call her my Professional Boxer! lol

That pool looks great!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

April 9 2013

They delivered the pool today. The weather is still not improving much over the next week here in Barrie, Ontario. I
    will post most photos as the dig happens.

Thanks for the replys! Thats my friends dog, Lola, great dog !

We did a rough spray paint of the backyard of the pool shape today also.

Stay Tuned! We are all very excited to see the construction happening. This summer should be a lot of fun !

5. Back To Top    #5

April 15 2013

We have some nice weather today, so the work began.
    They started around 9am and finished around 5pm today.
    The crew took advantage of the nice day finally and worked hard.

It all works out when you have a pool builder with years and years of experience.

We have the walls going up, the deep end (7 foot) shaped and moving on the the shallow end in the next few days.

Looking good for the first day of work !

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks great!! Am in Toronto and ours should start mid May.. Can't wait!!

Who is your pool builder?

7. Back To Top    #7

Walls all done

Concrete footer poured

Floor !

The Built is coming to completion! The concrete deck forms are in place, the pool has been backfilled with sand.

We are waiting on some more nice weather.

So far this build is on day 6

If you are looking for a good pool company in the BARRIE, Ontario area and Orillia Ontario, (surrounding area) then check out

DYNASTY POOLS LIMITED
    http://www.dynastypools.ca/

124 Dunedin St Orillia, ON L3V 5T6, Canada
    +1 705-325-9962

!! 37 Years of pool experience!!! and it really shows through their workmanship and knowledge. A great bunch of guys that get the job
    done, have the knowledge of years of installing pools. This is the reason I went with this pool builder. Experience.

I will update with more pictures in a couple of days.

8. Back To Top    #8

Love the dog picture, congrats on your upcoming new pool!

9. Back To Top    #9

Looking good. Our is slated to start soon and can't wait. We'll be doing a 16' x 34' in Toronto.

10. Back To Top    #10

They are currently today April 26 2013, pouring the concrete deck. I will post some pictures when I return home from work. The pool is starting to look amazing! We all cant wait until its finished and we can start to have fun ! This is our families first pool, and we have a 6yr old son that loves swimming. ! Can't wait to jump in and get the party started !

I'll add decking pictures later tonight.

Thanks the replies!

11. Back To Top    #11

Decking installed

Decking looking great.

More work to follow, will update soon.

12. Back To Top    #12

that looks like 4' deck can you tell me how many inches it slopes from the pool

13. Back To Top    #13

Nice! What liner are you going with?

14. Back To Top    #14

Here is a look from the up-stairs window. Looking great, we are so happy with the look of the pool in the backyard.

I have been busy working on getting the fence back up, and city in to inspect the fence. That's all been approved now.

I had a bit of trouble getting a someone to come in and do the stone work for the Patio.

Finally, we found someone Drake Industries, http://www.drakeindustrieslandscaping.com/, Randy, quoted on the phone
    and showed up and did the job in 6 hours with 2 helpers. Great Guys, great patio. Drake Landscaping was also on the front page of the 2010 Unilock Magazine. We thank Drake Industries & Landscaping for coming and getting the patio installed so we could continue on our pool adventure. ! THANK YOU RANDY ! If you need someone for Landscaping and Stone Work in Barrie, Ontario, and surrounding area then call DRAKE INDUSTRIES LANDSCAPING Barrie, Ontario. They install stone, unilock pavers and do all your stone work.

The unilock brick I got was called Northshore, I got it at the Big Unilock Sale in Barrie, Ontario. It was seconds but looks amazing.! We are so happy with the look of the patio, the Northshore Brick give it a flagstone look also.

We are getting down to the last few jobs, liner and pool equipment, electrical.

To answer a few questions on the thread here, The slope I think is just less than an inch or so. From what I can gather.

The Liner I went with was Panama

We are getting more excited every day !

15. Back To Top    #15

Liner has been placed in the pool, Justin wanted to be the first one in the pool, so he went in as we were filling it!

Heater

Equipment

Pool

The pool is finished, I have to work on the garden beds surrounding the deep end, fix the front yard from the trackers, repair some of the land around the house from the construction of the pool. I went with a chlorine system. I had read so many different things about salt or no salt. I decided that I would stick to chlorine for now. I will post some pictures when I get the landscaping done. The build by Dynasty Pools in Orillia went well, the people working understand your needs and get the job done. I didnt have any problems but if I did have any concerns they are there to listen and give there input.

We are very happy with the pool in the backyard. It looks amazing from inside the house looking out, and now we are just waiting to try this pool out ! The weather this week is very cold outside and windy (May 25 2013) Next week the weather is suppose to be going back up, so.. bring the heat wave on soon ! We are now ready.

Dynasty Pools Ltd
    Address: 124 Dunedin St, Orillia, ON L3V 5T6, Canada
    Phone:+1 705-325-9962

16. Back To Top    #16

Very nice pool and documentary!
    Freeform gunite, 14,000 gallon saltwater sport pool.
    10 ton moss rock w/ waterfall, 50 sq ft raised spa.
    Bluestone coping, pebblesheen. Jandy pro flo 1 hp pump, legacy 325k heater.

17. Back To Top    #17

Thank You for the reply!

I posted my pool build because this site helped me out so much when I was wondering what the whole process was to build a pool.
    I spent most of the winter dreaming about my pool! and reading this forum.

So I decided I would give back to the site with my pool build. !

And with this picture, is the reason I got the pool built.

I can't wait to try it myself but the water was only 61 currently when this picture was taken.

Kids seem not to mind, but, he did get out fast !

18. Back To Top    #18

61, he's a trooper. Mines currenty at 62 and no one will go near it.
    Kids make it all worthwhile, pool looks great.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

19. Back To Top    #19

Looks amazing!!

20. Back To Top    #20

Fixing grass, and loading up the gardens around the deep end with triple-mix.

Started to fix some grass, and once I got going I went straight to the gate, and fixed the neighbors side at the same time.

Going to add a big thick rock between the grass and the garden, to make a garden wall.

Looking at the back corner of the pool, I dumped triple-mix, and one plant is planted now ! Lonely Plant, but more on the way!

The weather is going to hot 30 On Thursday , Friday, So....

Im going to try this bad boy out for the first time !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast