Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Iaqualink and low voltage outdoor lamps

1. Back To Top    #1

Iaqualink and low voltage outdoor lamps

Folks,
    Is there a way to operate your low voltage outdoor landscape lights thru the jandy iaqualink system?
    13K IG Pool with Raised Spa
    Jandy E Pump- 2HP Variable Speed
    Jandy CV460 Cartridge Filter
    Jandy LXI 40,000 Heater
    Polaris 9300 Robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Iaqualink and low voltage outdoor lamps

Sure, as long as you have a relay still available on the controller.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a GFI outlet that is switched by an iaqualink relay. My landscape light transformer is plugged into that outlet. The Jandy is programmed to turn on and off the outlet. One nice thing about the iaqualink system is that it knows local sunset and will turn on the lights based on that time. You can program in an offset (I.e., turn the lights on 15 minutes after sunset) and it will adjust every evening.
    Mike
    ~17' x 34' IG pool with attached spa - 20500 gallons - Gunite with a "pebblesheen"-ish finish
    Jandy iAqualink with iPad and Jandy PDA remote - Pentair IntelliFlo VS 11018 Pump
    AquaRite SWCG - Pentair SMBW 4060 DE Filter - Really Old Raypak heater
    "Wall-E" an Arneson-Hayward Navigator - A couple of Jandy/Zodiac WaterColors LED Lights - Blue-White F-1000 Flow meter

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, I be sure my electrical contractor installs a GFI plug by the equipment pad.
    Jandy LXI 40,000 Heater
    Polaris 9300 Robot

5. Back To Top    #5

Is their a large area to get jandy "how to" documents? I have a system but have never messed with it. Would like to see the options and maybe control from my iPhone...

6. Back To Top    #6

I did a search for iaqualink owners manual and got to the main jandy website. Found the owners downloads but it kept locking up. Not sure if its a web problem?
    Jandy LXI 40,000 Heater
    Polaris 9300 Robot

7. Back To Top    #7

The GFCI plug needs to be wired off a relay on the Aqualink-RS for it to be under automated control. I have a spare position in my RS-8 and plan to do that eventually. You might want to tell the electrician what you intend so he can wire the outlet through the relay to start instead of figuring out how to re-wire it later.
    7500 gal gunite/stonescapes, iAqualink RS-8, Jandy 2HP VS-Flopro, Jandy 200 sqft Cartridge filter
    Pentair Intellichlor IC-40, Zodiac MX-8, Fafco solar panels
    DreamMaker X-500 Spa