Epoxybond Pool Putty

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
Has anyone ever worked with this stuff and any tips or tricks. I am going to be using it to seal up some very small cracks around my returns. I would say less than half an inch long, maybe around 1/4 inch long. I tried to find some YouTube videos but no dice.

Thanks in advance.

Epoxy putty is fairly easy to work with. Be sure to kneed/mix completely. Also, keep track of the time, you want to be done before it starts to harden up. That may mean doing several small batches, instead of doing everything at once. YouTube has lots of videos on epoxy putty, most of which apply to this situation even if they aren't about pools specifically.

Ok the stuff was pretty easy to work with. Got the cracks covered with the stuff. From reading it seems the colder the water is the longer it may take to cure. I am not ready to swim so that is not the issue. I applied it around 1.5 hours ago and it still feels pretty soft. So maybe I should give it a day or two before I turn the pump back on. The guy that was here yesterday recommended to leave the pump off for 24 hours, so I added some extra bleach in to make sure my FC does not drop too low while the pump is off. I added it and let it circulate for about an hour before I turned pump off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.