Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Epoxybond Pool Putty

1. Back To Top    #1

Epoxybond Pool Putty

Has anyone ever worked with this stuff and any tips or tricks. I am going to be using it to seal up some very small cracks around my returns. I would say less than half an inch long, maybe around 1/4 inch long. I tried to find some YouTube videos but no dice.

Thanks in advance.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Epoxybond Pool Putty

Epoxy putty is fairly easy to work with. Be sure to kneed/mix completely. Also, keep track of the time, you want to be done before it starts to harden up. That may mean doing several small batches, instead of doing everything at once. YouTube has lots of videos on epoxy putty, most of which apply to this situation even if they aren't about pools specifically.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok the stuff was pretty easy to work with. Got the cracks covered with the stuff. From reading it seems the colder the water is the longer it may take to cure. I am not ready to swim so that is not the issue. I applied it around 1.5 hours ago and it still feels pretty soft. So maybe I should give it a day or two before I turn the pump back on. The guy that was here yesterday recommended to leave the pump off for 24 hours, so I added some extra bleach in to make sure my FC does not drop too low while the pump is off. I added it and let it circulate for about an hour before I turned pump off.

4. Back To Top    #4

It seems to be working.

5. Back To Top    #5

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School