Cheers from Croatia

Apr 6, 2013
Hi everyone,

My name is David and I am from Croatia.
I have a Bed&Breakfast on Adriatic coast. Six years ago we built two swimming pools. One is 12 x 5.5 meters and the other one is 7.5 x 4 meters. The smaller one is children's pool with hidromassage. Btw, sorry for using metric system, tell me if you would prefer me to swich to imperial. Both pools are skimmer pools covered in liner. We are using Autopilot Salt Clorine Generators.

I am really glad to have found this forum with many experienced pool owners and professionals.

Welcome!

We can deal with metric - poolcalculator has a toggle to switch units up at the upper right corner.

You may find a problem getting a test kit - the EU doesn't like some of the chemicals we use in the US. Last season we got SerbianPoolGuy straightened out (I hope), so you might want to read through this thread and see what you European friends can get pool-test-kits-in-europe-what-i-learned-so-far-t52074.html

Thanks for the welcome.

Considering American stuff in Europe, I have already some experience with that.
I have Autopilot Clorine generators for which there is only one pool shop (more than 100 miles away) which sells replacement parts. Therefore, I'm trying to learn as much as I can and be self-sufficient. In addition to this, I have Aquavac/Hayward pool cleaner. Also, the nearest service centre that I know is in France. When it stopped working last summer, I took it to a TV repair shop. The guy fortunatelly fixed the problem (and for only 40$, I gave him a good tip for that). Otherwise, I would have to send the cleaner to France and would eventually get it back when summer ends.

For test kits, the best known and most used in Croatia is Lovibond. There is not much choice anyway.

4knights, nice to hear that someone visited my little country. It has changed a lot since 1993.

Two pics of my swimming pools. I will add some more in the proper section when I find some time.

Cheers

Attachments

• mali bazen.jpg
    mali bazen.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 41
  • mali i veliki bazen.jpg
    mali i veliki bazen.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 41