Pentair MiniMax NT Won't start/work

Jun 19, 2010
I have a Pentair MiniMax NT that won't work.

The control board flashes between two displays.

1. all these lights are on: Power, Pressure, Service, Remote, Pool, Spa, and Off.
the display reads: 88.8

2. These lights are on: Power and Pressure.
the display reads ---

the fan never comes on. I have unhooked the pressure switch and jumped the two wires and this doesn't change anything.

I'm wondering if it is thermostat? That light never comes on?

Any Help?

God Speed,
Brian

Temp sensor.

Get one, unplug the old one from the back of the board and then plug the new onto the board. Turn on heater. If everything runs as it should, blower comes on, unit then lights and heats, you found your problem and then install the new sensor.

I kill the power to mine when it starts this mess as well. Sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes it takes 30 minutes. I'm going to have it professionally serviced, I'm a little weird about natural gas and electricity :wink:

I had the exact same problem and I just replaced the thermastor. If you order the part online you can get it for about $35 but I needed it right away so I went to the retail pool store and it cost me double - $70. But it did work. Just shut off your filter and pumps and any electrical going to your heater. Open the front panel where the controls are located and the side panel where the water is piped into. Behind the side panel you will see the water header. There are about 4 plugs that screw into the top of it. The second one from the left should be your thermastor. It will most likely have a yellow wire attached to it. Just unscrew it, disconnect it from the front panel, install your new thermastor by adding some teflon tape and screw it in and connect it to the front panel. viola! It worked.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.