Suction pool cleaner that work with SVRS pump?

Have you tried to adjust the suction so less water comes from the cleaner?

What is the cleaner model and how is it configured via the plumbing?

Because you don't have a main drain, you might need a bypass of some sort.

ThePoolCleaner comes with a regulator valve (bypass). You can see it in the manual here: http://www.thepoolcleaner.com/PoolCleanerSUCTION.pdf

This cleaner also requires less flow rate and suction than most cleaners so it may not trip the SVRS. If any cleaner will work with an SVRS, it would be this one. However, I can't guarantee that it will. If you get one, just make sure you can return it if it doesn't work out.

The problem is that you have only one suction port through the skimmer. Placing the cleaner on this single suction port creates a lot of head loss and the pump treats this as blockage.

Have you considered a robotic?

I have the hayward SVRS pump and there is an option called quick clean which turns off the SVRS for 60mins. Asks questions if bathers are in the pool and if yes is chosen SVRS will cont to be monitored if no SVRS will be terminated for 60mins. I would assure Pentair would also have this option.

Hi Guys, been surfing and came across this thread. I'm having a same sort of problem with an ecostar with svrs. I'm getting: "svrs not available" and pump wont turn on. it just counts down the 3 min prime. so there is not way to run this pump without svrs?

Thanks in advance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.