Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Suction pool cleaner that work with SVRS pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

Suction pool cleaner that work with SVRS pump?

Are there any vacuum suction pump cleaners compatible with pentair's svrs pump? I tried it once but received vacuum alerts every couple minutes (no main drain) and svrs can't be disabled
    32x15 IG Borate+Salt, Pentair VS+SVRS, howard swim pure 40 SWG, Pentair 4000 48sqft DE, Mastertemp 300, Electric Pool Cover, Polaris P93, 4 Kids for Aeration, ;)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Suction pool cleaner that work with SVRS pump?

Have you tried to adjust the suction so less water comes from the cleaner?

What is the cleaner model and how is it configured via the plumbing?

Because you don't have a main drain, you might need a bypass of some sort.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

tried the Baracuda MX8 and had to return it as it triggered an svrs alarm every couple minutes even at high RPMs

how would such a bypass look like?
    32x15 IG Borate+Salt, Pentair VS+SVRS, howard swim pure 40 SWG, Pentair 4000 48sqft DE, Mastertemp 300, Electric Pool Cover, Polaris P93, 4 Kids for Aeration, ;)

4. Back To Top    #4

ThePoolCleaner comes with a regulator valve (bypass). You can see it in the manual here: http://www.thepoolcleaner.com/PoolCleanerSUCTION.pdf

This cleaner also requires less flow rate and suction than most cleaners so it may not trip the SVRS. If any cleaner will work with an SVRS, it would be this one. However, I can't guarantee that it will. If you get one, just make sure you can return it if it doesn't work out.

The problem is that you have only one suction port through the skimmer. Placing the cleaner on this single suction port creates a lot of head loss and the pump treats this as blockage.

Have you considered a robotic?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

I have the hayward SVRS pump and there is an option called quick clean which turns off the SVRS for 60mins. Asks questions if bathers are in the pool and if yes is chosen SVRS will cont to be monitored if no SVRS will be terminated for 60mins. I would assure Pentair would also have this option.
    pool size - 40kgal
    finish - Gunite
    pump size in horsepower and brand-Variable Speed, Hayward EcoStar SVRS3400
    filter size - Sta-Rite S8M150
    additional equipment - Hayward CL220 Chlorinator

6. Back To Top    #6

Wish I had the Hayward - pent air always has Svrs enabled unless priming

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi Guys, been surfing and came across this thread. I'm having a same sort of problem with an ecostar with svrs. I'm getting: "svrs not available" and pump wont turn on. it just counts down the 3 min prime. so there is not way to run this pump without svrs?

Thanks in advance!

8. Back To Top    #8

you can trick the pentair into priming for 10 mins max by adjusting the priming sensitivity but that's about it...