Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heat just the spa?

1. Back To Top    #1

Heat just the spa?

I have an Aqualogic PS8, with a Hayward H400 heater. I messed with the PS8 to figure out if i could just heat thenspa by itself. No look, seemed likemit was trying to heat the whole pool.

I found the menu to adjust "spa heat" but what ever i entered there also reflected on the "pool heat."

Is it possible to just heat the spa?
    11K SWG Freeform IG pool w/ spa; Bluehaven 550 (hayward mfg) Cartridge Filter; Century Centurion 2HP Pump on pool; Hayward 400H heater; Polaris PB4-60 Pump on cleaner; Hayward Super II Pump on waterfall, Hayward TurboCell GLX-Cell-5; AquaLogic PS8, Taylor 2006k
    Pool Chlorinator @ 80%; Filter from 11AM-6PM, Cleaner from 11AM-2PM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Heat just the spa?

You should just be able to select spa mode which should move 2 valves to only have suction and return to the spa. Not sure if you can manually turn on the heater or not. I though it could be set up to automatically heat when switched to spa mode.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Jblizzle, i think you are right, i'll need to test it out this AM.
    11K SWG Freeform IG pool w/ spa; Bluehaven 550 (hayward mfg) Cartridge Filter; Century Centurion 2HP Pump on pool; Hayward 400H heater; Polaris PB4-60 Pump on cleaner; Hayward Super II Pump on waterfall, Hayward TurboCell GLX-Cell-5; AquaLogic PS8, Taylor 2006k

4. Back To Top    #4

So that was easy, pressed the "Spa" button the system switched over to spa and i adjusted the temp on the spa individually. Thanks

5. Back To Top    #5

Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!