After developing a rash right after my replacement spa was delivered, the last thought I had was that it was caused by a spa issue. Just learned in a conversation with the manufacturer that their answer to my green water was most likely due to their poor quality water (heavy copper residue) at their manufacturing plant. Sure enough my water test yielded high levels of copper,known to cause the green.
I was following all the recommended steps on the chlorine treatments, and didn't have the issue with my previous spa. My chlorine also tested low, even though I have over chlorined the spa in a attempt to get rid of the green.
My dealer confirmed that the chlorine acts with the copper residue left in the spa from the manufacturer QC testing. Explaining the low chlorine levels tested.
And my rash fits the symptoms and pictures online for pseudomonas-dermatitis
Now going thru the cleaning, draining, refilling (twice) to rid the spa of the copper residue.
Is it just me, or is this a serious enough health risk to be looked at. I was shocked to hear the manufacturer's explanation for the green water, before I had mine tested. I'm struggling to put blame on the dealer, as putting a new spa through a cleansing/sanitizing would not typically be expected.
I plan to address with the manufacturer.