Closed Pool Drain / bad pool circulation

Cloudbusting

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2013
Westside LA, CA
after diving 6ft and unscrewing screws I found out that there is... nothing under the plastic main drain - I guess previous owners must have cemented the drain years ago - pipe still exist.

Would it be worthwile opening it again and maybe with a snake and new flexible pipe reopening it?

The problem I am currently facing is that there's no circulation unless a pool hose or vacum cleaner is in the pool.

3 returns are 1 foot deep, 1 skimmer also 1 vaccum port in the shallow side

any ideas / suggestions?

If you aim one of the returns down towards the bottom of the deep end you shouldn't have any problems with circulation. Before my renovation I only had a single return and I never had much trouble finding a way to aim it so that all of the pool water circulated well and mixed throughly.

I would also suggest looking at some of the alternative eyeball types, like the 90 degree angle fittings and slitted eyeball fittings (you may try an ebay search on pool eyeball) to direct return flow to the deep end.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.