Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacement of inground vinyl liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Brookfield, WI

Replacement of inground vinyl liner

We will need to replace our pool liner this year. There will also be replacement of the deep end drain and skimmers. They are all original and not to code. I have no idea what type of questions to ask or what to look for in these products, so is anyone here wiling to give me a bit of education on these items?
    Thanks. Be well
    20 x 44 in-ground vinyl
    Hayward Pro-Series High-rate sand filter (S310T)
    Nature2 Zodiac chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: Replacement of inground vinyl liner

My only real advice on liners is that in my experience the so called "premium" ones can last much longer than the standard or cheap low end liners. I have bought low quality liners before that started failing (seams splitting, etc.) within 3-4 years vs. the thicker premium liner that I have now which is still in good shape with hopefully lots of life left in it that is now 8 or 9 years old.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Replacement of inground vinyl liner

I've been looking around at liner brands for months. I've found that the brand GLI makes a very good liner.
    16 x 32 Inground Vinyl 21000, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, 1 main drain. Raypak Heater, Crystal Flo Sand Filter