DE Filter Grids

Dec 13, 2007
Hello guys, just a quick question that I havent been able to figure out not even browsing on google... and that is .. what causes DE FILTER GRID premature failure ... i saw a site that explains it take 6-9 years of expected life on the de grids... what can damage a de grid prematurely and what can you do to maintain ur filter grids in perfect condition!!! thanks guys.

Improper water chemistry could cause them to fail ... the threads could fail or they could become scaled with calcium, but that could be cleaned off.

Or running too high or a pressure when they are covered in dirt/clogged could end up crushing the internal plastic (my guess as to what happened at my current house ... the grids were in horrible shape, crushed, etc, eventually just spent the $150 on a whole new set).

Watch your chemistry and carefully clean them once a year or so and backwash when the pressure goes up 20-25% of the clean pressure.

jblizzle said:
Improper water chemistry could cause them to fail ... the threads could fail or they could become scaled with calcium, but that could be cleaned off.

Or running too high or a pressure when they are covered in dirt/clogged could end up crushing the internal plastic (my guess as to what happened at my current house ... the grids were in horrible shape, crushed, etc, eventually just spent the $150 on a whole new set).

Watch your chemistry and carefully clean them once a year or so and backwash when the pressure goes up 20-25% of the clean pressure.

Awesome thanks for the tips, I just bought a new set and want to keep them as healthy as possible!!! :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.