Outdoor Cushions

maxepr1

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2011
DFW
Looking for replacement cushions for my furniture. Kind of odd cushions as they are double thickness cushions. Looked at all the big box stores last fall and there are little choices in this style. Anybody used any of the websites to "Build" your own? Or a discount websites out there? I hate to throw out the frames and start over.

Another potential idea is to make your own. We recycle the foam and change our cushions every 2 - 3 seasons, due to fading. You can get outdoor fabric very cheaply. To do 6 chairs we spend less than $60 dollars which includes the seats and backs.

The Warden :whip: loves doing this stuff- I help her out by drinking cold ones and agreeing with the colors she chose- Oh and ya I get the sewing machine out of the closet and bring it to her.

:party:

In all seriousness though, it saves a lot of money, and give us the ability to mix up and refresh the color schemes as we go a long.

Wife's already been to Garden Ridge no luck. We were going to recover the old cushions but the lady wants around $175 each for the chase cushions. Been looking on overstock also.

jhalpinjr said:
Another potential idea is to make your own. We recycle the foam and change our cushions every 2 - 3 seasons, due to fading. You can get outdoor fabric very cheaply. To do 6 chairs we spend less than $60 dollars which includes the seats and backs.

The Warden :whip: loves doing this stuff- I help her out by drinking cold ones and agreeing with the colors she chose- Oh and ya I get the sewing machine out of the closet and bring it to her.

In all seriousness though, it saves a lot of money, and give us the ability to mix up and refresh the color schemes as we go a long.

2 chairs and 1 couch- $41.06 for outdoor fabric. We reuse the internal foam. Every two years we change colors. The beige is two years ago, the stripped are this weekends efforts.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 289
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 290
jhalpinjr said:

This is a pretty genius idea. My wife would love this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We found a fantastic upholsterer who literally works out of a storage unit. But he does terrific work at a very reasonable price (cash-only) and in a very reasonable amount of time. We provided the fabric and he handled the rest. We found some really nice remnant material at Hancock Fabric for a fraction of the original price. He re-did the cushions for the swing and all 6 chairs for about $120 and they've held up well for nearly 5 yrs.

reupholstered_patio_furniture.jpg

reupholstered_swing.jpg

Scout around in the Classifieds or your local Craigslist and I'll bet you could find an upholstery guy in your neck of the woods who could do this for you too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.