Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Outdoor Cushions

1. Back To Top    #1

Outdoor Cushions

Looking for replacement cushions for my furniture. Kind of odd cushions as they are double thickness cushions. Looked at all the big box stores last fall and there are little choices in this style. Anybody used any of the websites to "Build" your own? Or a discount websites out there? I hate to throw out the frames and start over.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Outdoor Cushions

I was at Garden Ridge over the weekend (Concord NC) and they had a great selection of cushions. Had to get my 6' palm tree for the pool.
    16k 17X33 IG Vinyl(2000), Pentair Intellifo Variable Speed Pump(2006), Hayward Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG w/T9 cell(repl 7/2011), Hayward Natl Gas Heater, TF100 w/magnetic stirrer

3. Back To Top    #3

Another potential idea is to make your own. We recycle the foam and change our cushions every 2 - 3 seasons, due to fading. You can get outdoor fabric very cheaply. To do 6 chairs we spend less than $60 dollars which includes the seats and backs.

The Warden loves doing this stuff- I help her out by drinking cold ones and agreeing with the colors she chose- Oh and ya I get the sewing machine out of the closet and bring it to her.

In all seriousness though, it saves a lot of money, and give us the ability to mix up and refresh the color schemes as we go a long.
    16 x 32 Grecian Vinyl. Salt-Aqua Plus PS-4, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Ecostar SP34000vsp, Gulfstream HE-125-T-A Heat/Cool heat Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

I recently ordered about a dozen cushions from overstock.com. I was pleasantly surprised and they seem to be the cheapest I could find.

5. Back To Top    #5

Wife's already been to Garden Ridge no luck. We were going to recover the old cushions but the lady wants around $175 each for the chase cushions. Been looking on overstock also.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jhalpinjr
    Another potential idea is to make your own. We recycle the foam and change our cushions every 2 - 3 seasons, due to fading. You can get outdoor fabric very cheaply. To do 6 chairs we spend less than $60 dollars which includes the seats and backs.

The Warden loves doing this stuff- I help her out by drinking cold ones and agreeing with the colors she chose- Oh and ya I get the sewing machine out of the closet and bring it to her.

In all seriousness though, it saves a lot of money, and give us the ability to mix up and refresh the color schemes as we go a long.
    2 chairs and 1 couch- $41.06 for outdoor fabric. We reuse the internal foam. Every two years we change colors. The beige is two years ago, the stripped are this weekends efforts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16 x 32 Grecian Vinyl. Salt-Aqua Plus PS-4, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Ecostar SP34000vsp, Gulfstream HE-125-T-A Heat/Cool heat Pump

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by jhalpinjr

This is a pretty genius idea. My wife would love this.

Pool Size: 20 x 40 Free Form Inground Plaster Pool w/ a shallow cove.
    Gallons : ~23K Jandy CL580 Cartridge Filter, Jandy e-pump 1.5HP
    Polaris 280 w/ Booster Pump, AqualinkRS PDA4 Remote, Aqua-Pure SWG
    Jandy LED Pool Lights (2), Heliocol 500 Sq. Ft solar rack system

8. Back To Top    #8

We found a fantastic upholsterer who literally works out of a storage unit. But he does terrific work at a very reasonable price (cash-only) and in a very reasonable amount of time. We provided the fabric and he handled the rest. We found some really nice remnant material at Hancock Fabric for a fraction of the original price. He re-did the cushions for the swing and all 6 chairs for about $120 and they've held up well for nearly 5 yrs.

Scout around in the Classifieds or your local Craigslist and I'll bet you could find an upholstery guy in your neck of the woods who could do this for you too!
    Rob O.

18K gallon in-ground concrete pool with gunite decking | Baker Hydro HRV30 sand filter with Hayward SP715 ALL multiport valve | Hayward pump | Poolvergnuegen 2X Pool Cleaner