replacing SAVI melody lights - need recommendations

Aug 1, 2010
Columbia, SC
I have had a pool that has been in for 3 years now with the SAVI melody lights. They have worked like they should for maybe a total of six weeks. I have had the pool builder, another pool builder and the SAVI rep come out to check them. The original lights were made by nexxuslighting, which was bought out by nextstep. The lights that are left from the original install are definitely different colors than the new ones, although the company says there were do changes in the lights, but a design change in the hardware. The company will not work with me at all on changing the lights out. At this point I would rather replace all of the lights with another brand given the problems that I have has with these.

Does anyone have any recommendations on replacement alternatives?

Fiberstars' line of nicheless lights will work for you. Better design IMO as well. They wire into an external transformer rather than use a built in unit. The transformer built into the savi lights is what makes them go bad. Gets too hot in there.

I've also had problems with these lights. Water in light because of overheating. They've been replaced once while under warranty, now I'm having the same problem. I was told by another company that it's because the lights are installed in a 1 1/2 inch PVC pipe which doesn't allow for cooling so they overheat. I've called my pool people and am waiting for information. Just wonder if they'll try to pass off another set of the same lights, or what my alternative would be. Pentair GloBrite LED light have been recommended but I'd need a 2 inch niche for installation which would require drilling a bigger place for the lights which sounds pretty involved. Seems to me the original lights are all defective in their original design!?!?!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.