Floating Lights..

Apr 4, 2013
Hey everyone.. New here :wave:

Im looking for some advise on lighting for inground pools. Ours is a 16x32 and does not have any wall installed lights.

We had the Glow Buoy for about a season. It worked well but would not hold a charge after the first summer so now we are looking for alternative solutions.

Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations? Perhaps something that will light up the entire pool and last for more then 5 months? :)

Thanks,

Kyle

I bought a pair of the Ocean Blue rechargeable floating lights about a year ago (they look similar to the Glow Buoy, but slightly different so is likely not the same exact light under another name), they are still working now, but were only used a handful of times last year. Mostly on pool movie nights to provide minimal pool illumination.

I have this one from academy sports:

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/s...LA_011956810&gclid=CPrVg6bTjb8CFc9j7Aodj2AA6Q

AquaGlow Underwater light show. They say it's a floating disco ball. I paid around $15 I think locally. It is great and my kids love it. It is an LED light with replaceable AA batteries. I have regular pool lights but wanted some fun color. If you have a big pool you will need at least 2 but they probably make more powerful versions.

It is awesome for the price but it only works when it's really dark (around 9 pm in Georgia). It's totally worth it! AND I use it in a salt water pool.

The glow stick in a balloon really does look pretty neat if you are looking for something temporary! (and it'll maybe set you back $2). Several of these in different colors...we used to do this when I was little, fun to dive for glow sticks too. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.