Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Superflo Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Superflo Pump

I just bought a Pentair Superflo Pump model# 340042. It's 230v, but i didn't realize that my old pump was running on 115v. Can you wire my pump to run on 115v or do I need to get 230v to it?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Superflo Pump

All of the 2 speed models that I have seen require 230VAC, but most of the smaller single speeds seem to be 115 or 230VAC by comparison, I think your model number is a 2 speed.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Only the smallest Superflo and Whisperflo 3/4hp 2 speed pumps are 115v. The one you got is indeed 230v and can not be changed.

Most single speeds can be wired for either voltage, but not the 2 speed motors.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Got it, thanks... My electrical setup seems to be able to convert to 230v without much headache. I already have 230v coming out of the main panel into a sub panel for the pool, but i'm not sure where it drops to 115v before it gets to the timer.

5. Back To Top    #5

Does anyone know if this pump meets CA electrical code?

6. Back To Top    #6

I am not sure why it would not, but is there some code specifically you are worried about?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

No code specifically, was just wondering

8. Back To Top    #8

Since it's a 2-speed, it should meet the code. I don't think they require variable speeds yet! I think it's just that you can't install a single speed anymore.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Since it's a 2-speed, it should meet the code. I don't think they require variable speeds yet! I think it's just that you can't install a single speed anymore.
    Above 1 or 3/4 HP

Even on 2/ multispeed - they have to go down to low speed as a "most of the running time"
    16x32 IG 19,000 gallons, Pentair 1.5 hp Energy Efficient Superflo pump (348024),vinyl liner, Chlorine dispenser, Hayward S-244T sand filter