Adding solar to an easytouch system

I have an easytouch 4 controller and was wondering about the cost of adding solar. We have a spa with a gas heater and used the gas when we were there at spring break, but I was curious about whether already having the easytouch reduces the cost of solar somewhat?

Our pool is relatively small (about 576 sq ft surface, 12500 gallons) and we have a southwest (mainly south) facing back yard with lots of roof space right above the control panel. My understanding is that we are looking for solar panels with at least 80% coverage.

If anyone has experience with adding solar I'd sure appreciate a brief explanation of what goes into adding it :)

Thanks so much!

Well, the solar controller actually is one of the least expensive components that you may already have. I think a stand-alone controller is less than $100.

You would need to add a solar 3-way valve ($60) and an actuator ($100) and at least 1 more temperature sensor ($25?) plus the plumbing.

The big expense is the panels and the installation and it is not uncommon for this to be in the $4000-$5000 price range.

I put my manual system in for ~$1500 by buying used panels and installing them myself. I have yet to add the sensors, controller, and actuator.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.