I don't know where to start

I bought an Intex 15 x 36 frame pool. I've been reading the web about how to keep your pool clean and its such a mess for me. Then i saw the swg and bought it.

For clarification I haven't filled the pool with water because I dont know what chemicals to add and I saw how to maintain you swg but it says raise your ph, cya... Etc which is a total mess for me i dont understand. Please someone who can help me understand these things step to step. I just want to swim in this hot weather. I just dont where to start :(((()

Welcome to tfp, Franciscodd :wave:

It can be a little overwhelming at first, but you will pick it up fast.

Franciscodd said:
Please someone who can help me understand these things step to step. I just want to swim in this hot weather. I just dont where to start :(((()
It might be best to start without the swg and get used to maintaining the chemistry, then add the swg. This is a good starting guide in pool school: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/temporary_pool_guide

Once you get that figured out then you can start to think about the swg, and this pool school article will help: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/water_balance_saltwater_generator

Make sure you post any question you have!

Welcome to TFP!!!

As stated above, the first step is read read read ... lots of information in Pool School to help you understand the chemistry.

You will also want to order one of the recommended test kits, as that is the best investment you can make so that the maintenance goes as smoothly as possible.

As suggested,, read,read,read,-- you'll get it. It's not hard and quite enjoyable to do your own work! I'm realitivily new at it too but it'll come together for you quickly. Above all get tthe test kit,without it you're "shooting in the dark". You're in the right place for help,these guys helped me all along the way.

I would still recommend ordering a test kit, but your pool is one of the smaller ones where it is not difficult to drain and refill if things get out of hand. Personally, I would want the kit to know that my water was safe. Also realize the kits we recommend are rarely available locally.

Do not let the pool store sell you any chemicals that you do not need. You will know what you need by reading here.

It is not going to take long to fill the pool, so I would just wait until the morning to fill and then you will be ready to add the chemicals immediately.

Can you be more specific about the chlorine? Since this is a new fill, you should not have any CYA in the water until you add it. And if you are going to run a SWG you will want the CYA up around 70ppm.

Depending on the chlorine you got, it is certainly safe, but it may take awhile to raise the CYA. It would be faster and simpler to understand if you add the chlorine and CYA separately.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.