Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Messed up my light and need options!

1. Back To Top    #1

Messed up my light and need options!

Well, I try to do things myself and about fifty percent of the time it goes awry. Here is my problem: Went to replace the bulb out of my hot tub because it was burned out. Turned off all electric to the spa and took the light out and apart to change the bulb. The bulb was stuck so like an idiot I tried and tried to remove it. It quickly broke in my hand, so then I tried to pull it out with pliers. Bottom Line, I have now ruined the bulb recepticle and there are no threads left to secure a new bulb. Here is my question. The bulb housing is water tight right? So do I have to replace the bulb at all or to be safe should I place a piece of wood in the socket and then epoxy to make water tight. Right now I don't have the hundreds of dollars to spead on a new light, so that is not an option. Anyone out there have a better solution?

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Messed up my light and need options!

The best thing would be to replace the light, but I understand the issue.

Can you tell which light you have?
    Can you post a pic of it?
    If you can answer that we may have a better idea for you.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Messed up my light and need options!

Dave J.,
    Thanks for your time. The light is to my hot tub and it is a Pentair underwater lighting fixture with a T-907583 part number. I will attempt to upload a picture ASAP. Thanks again, Chuck