Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thanks TFP!

1. Back To Top    #1

Thanks TFP!

Since I was lucky enough to find this site BEFORE I had the pool installed, I have had the chance to become acquainted and educated about how to properly maintain our new pool. I'm about ready to put the salt in (waiting for salt test kit) and crank up the SWCG (water temp now about 60), and hopefully be ready to post a picture for the slideshow soon.

A brief note on water clarity using the BBB method - I can see the bottom drain cover clearly (it has the same pebble treatment as the pool) from my back patio from 80' away. That's pretty da^$@ clear...

Thanks again to all.

Best,

Sciz
    Completed March 1, 2013. 12,500 gallon IG Lagoon Style w/swimout, walk-in steps, 15' x 30' x 3' - 5', Gunite, Wet Edge Technologies, Pebble Sheen - Northshore Tahoe, 2" Tennessee Fieldstone Coping, Belgard Country Blend Pavers, 1.5 HP Superflo, 19" Tagelus Filter, IC-20 SWCG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thanks TFP!

Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Congratulations! Make sure you wait 24-48hours after the salt is in and circulating before you turn on the salt system. Don't want to get a surge in the cell due to high or low salt.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Very nice post. This community thrives as the premier pool forum on the net because all here are willing to share the experiences and knowledge they have gained.

Learning and understanding BBB is the cornerstone of what we do and posts like yours are positive reinforcement to keep refining and improving the knowledge base to make it even simpler and more effective.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

@4Knights - Thanks for the tip. See my next post regarding the salt step.

Best,

Sciz
    Completed March 1, 2013. 12,500 gallon IG Lagoon Style w/swimout, walk-in steps, 15' x 30' x 3' - 5', Gunite, Wet Edge Technologies, Pebble Sheen - Northshore Tahoe, 2" Tennessee Fieldstone Coping, Belgard Country Blend Pavers, 1.5 HP Superflo, 19" Tagelus Filter, IC-20 SWCG.