another coping question.

Apr 1, 2013
i dont know if i should have attatched this to the previous question,
Anyway here it is. I am going to use 24"x24" coping stone, i already know i have to extend my bond beam about 8" so the coping has something to sit on, rebar forms all that good stuff. But instead of a deck i am going to run grass uptight to the coping. I keep reading about water intrusion between decks and pool beams causing problems, do i need to worry about water intrusion behind the coping seeing as i will not have a deck? And obviously no expansion joint.

Make sure the ground slopes mildly away from the pool all the way around and that there is reasonable soil drainage in the area where the pool is located and you should be fine. The usual issue comes from a badly designed deck funneling lots of water to right next to the pool. With no deck to funnel water all you really need to do is make sure the area drains.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.