Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where do you store your stuff?

1. Back To Top    #1

Where do you store your stuff?

As I am starting to get into testing my own pool and adding chemicals myself, I was wondering where do you guys store additional /extra chemicals?

I know that I need to keep my test kit indoors, but do you guys keep your bags of salt, muratic acid, shock etc... in the garage? In a plastic bin/container outside?

Thoughts?
    11K SWG Freeform IG pool w/ spa; Bluehaven 550 (hayward mfg) Cartridge Filter; Century Centurion 2HP Pump on pool; Hayward 400H heater; Polaris PB4-60 Pump on cleaner; Hayward Super II Pump on waterfall, Hayward TurboCell GLX-Cell-5; AquaLogic PS8, Taylor 2006k
    Pool Chlorinator @ 80%; Filter from 11AM-6PM, Cleaner from 11AM-2PM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Where do you store your stuff?

Acid stays outside under the deck, everything else stays in an outside plastic storage room, like you see for garden supplies.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I have one like this that I keep all my stuff in (except my test kit and full bottles of bleach).

http://www.amazon.com/Suncast-GS1000B-H ... torage+box

I really like that the front doors open as its easier to get things out. I keep my DE in a plastic container inside of this just to make it easy to carry near the skimmer.
    21,000 gallon pool w/spa, Pebble Sheen, Hayward EcoStar variable speed filter pump, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400FDN Heater, Stenner pump with 15 gallon tank, Clear O3 ozone system, Hayward Goldline PS-8 controller, Hayward 6060 cleaner pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Hayward EcoStar variable speed water feature pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

I was going to get something like what you have cajun
    11K SWG Freeform IG pool w/ spa; Bluehaven 550 (hayward mfg) Cartridge Filter; Century Centurion 2HP Pump on pool; Hayward 400H heater; Polaris PB4-60 Pump on cleaner; Hayward Super II Pump on waterfall, Hayward TurboCell GLX-Cell-5; AquaLogic PS8, Taylor 2006k
    Pool Chlorinator @ 80%; Filter from 11AM-6PM, Cleaner from 11AM-2PM

5. Back To Top    #5

Just keep the acid and chlorine away from each other. In fact keep different types of chlorine away from each other as well.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Acid outside under the deck. Liquid chlorine inside in a closet in the basement (cool and dark). Haven't needed anything else.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    Just keep the acid and chlorine away from each other. In fact keep different types of chlorine away from each other as well.
    I never got a solid answer on this. Define away? How far. As an example. I have pucks in a bucket on one side of my storage bin and acid jugs on the other side. My DE is in a plastic bin in the middle. Is this far enough "away"? Sometimes I even have a bleach bottle in there.

What's the real risk?
    21,000 gallon pool w/spa, Pebble Sheen, Hayward EcoStar variable speed filter pump, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400FDN Heater, Stenner pump with 15 gallon tank, Clear O3 ozone system, Hayward Goldline PS-8 controller, Hayward 6060 cleaner pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Hayward EcoStar variable speed water feature pump.

8. Back To Top    #8

My acid is stored outside but under a porch roof. I keep it inside an opaque plastic box which is inside another plastic box. My liquid chlorine is inside a garden shed (basically like an unfinished garage). I also have some CYA and calcium in there.
    16K gal IG 16'x28' pebble since 2011; Pentair Easytouch; Sta-Rite Intellipro VS pump; Sta-Rite 400 sq. ft. cartridge (System 3); 6 Heliocol Solar Panels; Aquamatic Cover; Legend pressure-side cleaner with Hayward booster pump; TF100 Test Kit.

9. Back To Top    #9

The salt and a case of acid is in the garage. The gallon of acid I'm using at any point in time, some metal-clear, and bromine tabs for the spa are in a plastic bin under the spa steps with the label "NOT FOR CHEMICAL STORAGE".
    7500 gal gunite/stonescapes, iAqualink RS-8, Jandy 2HP VS-Flopro, Jandy 200 sqft Cartridge filter
    Pentair Intellichlor IC-40, Zodiac MX-8, Fafco solar panels
    DreamMaker X-500 Spa

10. Back To Top    #10

I do the same as Cajun except my box is a rubbermaid that came with the pool.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

11. Back To Top    #11

I have a bench/storage unit that I keep everything in that I'm using for the week. I stage everything else in the garage. I only keep liquid chlorine and MA on hand.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall