Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool return, internal thread to external thread adapter

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool return, internal thread to external thread adapter

Hello I want to buy a pool devil pro. Here is the link to the product im talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/Pooldevil-Automat ... pool+devil

I've owned one of these before and it worked great! I hardly ever had to vacuum because it picked everything up before it fell to the bottom.
    I misplaced it now Iwant to buy a new one.

The only problem is I got new hardware for our return and now I don't have any external threads, they are now internal. The pool devil requires external threads so I was wanting to know if they sell adapters. Something I can screw into the return to give me external threads. I measured the diameter of the internal threads and it looks to be 2". If someone could link me to one of these adapters it would be much appreciated. I guess im looking in the wrong places. Thanks in advance.
    24' X 52" round above ground pool---13,500 gallons---Hayward power flow matrix 1.5 hp pump---Hayward 21 in. variflow XL sandfilter---Louisville, Ky

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool return, internal thread to external thread adapter

The eyeball fitting should be three parts. You should be able to take the collar off the fitting you removed and have the collar, eyeball and wall fitting. Screw the fitting back into the wall and use the collar to hold the pool devil adapter in place.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

How popular are 2" fittings. For some reason I can only find 1.5" fittings. I wonder if thats what I have and just measured wrong.
    24' X 52" round above ground pool---13,500 gallons---Hayward power flow matrix 1.5 hp pump---Hayward 21 in. variflow XL sandfilter---Louisville, Ky

4. Back To Top    #4

Are the majority of return fittings 1 1/2 inch

Merged by moderator ... please keep similar questions together. Thanks, jblizzle

This thread is related to another thread: pool-return-internal-thread-to-external-thread-adapter-t57042.html

Im trying to find an eye ball kit. My return does not have external threads they are internal. I measured the diameter of the internal threads and it was two inches. All of the fitting I find are 1.5 inch.

Are the majority of return fitting 1.5 inch?

5. Back To Top    #5

1½" fittings will measure close to 2". You probably have 1½" fittings.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit