Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Member from Sunny Phoenix, az. NoFear95

1. Back To Top    #1

New Member from Sunny Phoenix, az. NoFear95

Just wanted to drop in an say hi from sunny Arizona!

I am a new pool owner (just signed the construction paperwork today) and I have been lurking around the site for awhile. All the specs are in my signature line and I have attached some pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IG, 18K gallons, 100' Perimeter, 565 SF surface area, 980sf interior area, Max Length -36', Max Width - 16', Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, Stenner Chemical Injection System (Chlorine, Acid Coming Soon) , Pebble Tech - Blue Granite, Pentair variable speed filter pump, Zodiac MX8 Cleaner, Multi-Colored LED Lighting, Travertine coping & Decking, Boulder Water Fall....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Member from Sunny Phoenix, az. NoFear95

Welcome NoFear95. I am currently building a pool in the Phx area too. Havent learned how to post pics yet. They blew the shotcrete in this morning. Can't wait!
    30' x 17' 14,000 Gallon Play Pool, Aqua Splash Beadcrete Interior, Hayward C7030 Filter, Hayward SP3400VSP Variable Speed Pump, Hayward Turbo-Cell 15 Salt Cell, Baja Shelf w/Periscopic Bubbler, 3 Scupper Water Feature, Paramount In-Floor Cleaning, Aqua Logic PS8 w/Aqua Pod Wireless Controller, TF-100 Test Kit, DM2000 Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker!!

3. Back To Top    #3

Very easy to post pictures... Just click the "post reply" button instead of the quick reply and upload them. Who is doing your pool for you?
    IG, 18K gallons, 100' Perimeter, 565 SF surface area, 980sf interior area, Max Length -36', Max Width - 16', Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, Stenner Chemical Injection System (Chlorine, Acid Coming Soon) , Pebble Tech - Blue Granite, Pentair variable speed filter pump, Zodiac MX8 Cleaner, Multi-Colored LED Lighting, Travertine coping & Decking, Boulder Water Fall....

4. Back To Top    #4

Interviewed several but decided on Caribbean. You?
    30' x 17' 14,000 Gallon Play Pool, Aqua Splash Beadcrete Interior, Hayward C7030 Filter, Hayward SP3400VSP Variable Speed Pump, Hayward Turbo-Cell 15 Salt Cell, Baja Shelf w/Periscopic Bubbler, 3 Scupper Water Feature, Paramount In-Floor Cleaning, Aqua Logic PS8 w/Aqua Pod Wireless Controller, TF-100 Test Kit, DM2000 Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker!!

5. Back To Top    #5

Natural Reflections Pools and Spas. We actually liked them, but weren't ready (financially) to build yet. So we referred them to a friend, they built and it went great. So it was a no brainer, there pricing was in line with the others.

6. Back To Top    #6

Nice thread,

Just joined (also longtime lurker ). Did you also look at Shasta (Shafta?) and if you did/did not, what was the thing that attracted you to Natural Reflections compared to the others? I am taking one last look at the PB's and I am between both. I liked what they had to say and I am leaning towards Natural Reflections (although I am not very impressed with their landscaper). You can PM if you'd like. Thanks in advance.

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome to TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome! You are going to love this forum, and learn so much from the experts here.
    Laurie in Rowlett, TX (Dallas area)
    16' X 24' AG Doughboy Autumn Breeze w/Madrid liner | Majestic 8000 Blue Wedding Cake Steps
    Pentair Clean & Clear 150 Cartridge Filter | Pentair OptiFlo 1.5 hp pump
    TF-100 Test Kit | BBB is the only way for us!
    3' Buried install by Mendez Pool and Deck (They did a fabulous job!)

10. Back To Top    #10

!!

Welcome to TFP! Your pool design looks sweet!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks folks for letting me feel welcome...I will post later today our design and what Shasta/Natural has to offer. Based on what the general discussion on components is on this forum, I asked both Natural and Shasta to expand their quotes with the individual components and see what you folks have to say. Thanks for the welcome wagon and I look forward to be a part of this forum in the years to come