pool remains green

RobbieH said:
To be clear, I said for her to order it and posted the same link you did. I also mentioned it is very rare to find them in stores unless you have a commercial supply in your area.

There are several commercial supplies around me as I live in a very blue collar and industrial town. I have a Valspar factory, Kraft factory, Sherwin Williams factory, US Foods, Peterbuilt factory, the list is long... all within about a 3 mile radius. The one in particular I go to is Leslie's Commercial Service Center. It is not a storefront, they do not have float toys or anything like that in their lobby. Just some huge containers of chems and a counter where folks can look up stuff for you and go pick it out and load it up for you. Truly only a commercial supply. I like it because there's nobody there to test your water or to try to talk you into any junk.
http://goo.gl/maps/vfxsv

Pool Plaza is just to the north of me, and has the K2006 and the individual FAS-DPD.
http://www.poolplaza.com/P-K-2006C.html
The 870 and 871 isn't on their website, but they had it last time I called. I didn't go in because the Leslie's Commercial is a lot closer, only 2 miles from my home.

With all that said, I have no problem showing a picture of all my reagents. 99% of them are from Dave. I have one container of Taylor 870 because I ran out and needed it quickly.

We are on the same page :goodjob:

I think the only reports we have had of people finding it locally are at the commercial supply places ... which homeowners are not likely aware of. I missed your mention of this earlier, sorry about that.

One more thing, don't feel too bad about buying the Leslie's version of the K-2005 it is close to what you need, you just need to add one individual test to it, the FAS-DPD chlorine test, I think this is the only difference between the K-2005 (which has the plain DPD Chlorine test) and the suggested K-2006 or TF-100. (both the Taylor K-2006 and the often suggested TFTest Kits TF-100 use the same chemistry, they are just presented a little differently, the K-2006 gives you equal size bottles of all the reagents in a neat little blue box, the TF-100 by comparison uses varying sizes of bottles with larger bottles of the reagents you use most.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.