DE In my pool

Mar 13, 2013
Houston Texas
I'm a new pool owner and blew my multiport gasket and covered the bottom of my pool with DE (I did this turning on the pump while the system was closed). I went and bought a new gasket and installed it and noticed that my handle was loose (limp). after completing the installation I added DE and again it went all over the pool. After looking on the internet I decided to replace the spring below the handle... the new spring makes it a little tighter but it is still loose and the filter still sprays DE all over the place when I add it to the skimmer.

I'm at the end of my rope with this thing... If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!

Welcome to TFP.

My bet would be that you either didn't get the gasket placed correctly or the valve top is out of alignment with the bottom of the valve.

Can you post pics of the valve?
What model filter do you have?

Ill take some pictures when I get home this evening... As for the Filter model I have a Hayward DE6000 Micro-Clear Filter.
... Its funny.... I thought I did everything right. The gasket fit right in the grooves.

I would like to mention that when I replaced the spring the plastic shaft the spring goes around was very stuck in the valve cover. I had to tap it out with a hammer... could this snugness keep the spring from doing its job?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.