Newbie needs Help!

Mar 25, 2013
Wichita, KS
Okay I have read Pool School and every topic under it. I have printed out all the information and made a binder to keep handy. BUT, our AG pool is being installed next week and I live in Kansas (aka weather is always changing). I imagine it will be a good month to 6 weeks before its close to pool season. So when installation is complete and pool is filled, what do I do?? Do i start with the BBB method right away. This may sound like a silly question but I really dont know what to do. Thank you in advance. :p

KansasGirl000 said:
Okay I have read Pool School and every topic under it. I have printed out all the information and made a binder to keep handy. BUT, our AG pool is being installed next week and I live in Kansas (aka weather is always changing). I imagine it will be a good month to 6 weeks before its close to pool season. So when installation is complete and pool is filled, what do I do?? Do i start with the BBB method right away. This may sound like a silly question but I really dont know what to do. Thank you in advance. :p
Yes.

Just follow the instructions for opening. You want everything you can control ready to go for when the weather - which you can't control - cooperates.

Welcome to tfp, KansasGirl000 :wave:

Richard gave you good advice...here are my thoughts:

You are starting off right since you are reading pool school :goodjob:

Two things I can think of that you can be doing now:

1. Get the appropriate test kit: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison
2. Test your fill water with the above kit to get experience and to understand what you will be starting with. The TA and CH tests are most important. If you suspect metals in your water (i.e. if you are on a well or if you get a lot of staining on your plumbing fixtures, etc.) then you should get that tested.

Okay I guess I skipped the "Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools" but i have printed it out and will add it to my pool guide. Thanks for your help! I am buying one of the recommended testing kits and i think i will test my tap water (which is what will be filling the pool) and see what kind of readings I get. Thanks!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.