Ever Heard of Using Root Out in Pools?

JIMNSC

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 14, 2007
South Carolina
Hi guys - long time no type to. Some people around me are using a product called "Root Out" in lieu of algaecide in their pools and swear by it. It is a product designed for septic tanks. Any of you experts know anything about it?

Still have ultra high CYA on pool opening but I'll just have to work on it little by little like last summer.

Jim

Root out is copper-sulfate. It's an excellent algaecide, but of course it carries all the problems of copper in pool water. Green hair and staining of the pool.

Good points, John and Jason. The wife and I have an aquaintance who has a new pool and has had a friend tell her to use Root Out as an algaecide and I had never heard of it. I have faithfully used algaecide once/week since I had my pool constructed but I agree, Jason, now that you have have informed me, why use algaecide at all when proper chlorine levels prevent it?

Thanks Guys - Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.