New Home owner with a pool

Then your leak is at that level and I suspect it's in the skimmer line. You can have a video inspection co come out and see if they can locate it or you can start digging up the plumbing at the pad and see if it's near there. From the looks of the pavers near the pad, they've sink a lot so it could be right there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ya that probably was a stupid question on my part. Well you were right, the shaft was very rusty. At first I couldn't hand turn it plus the capacitor and other things were in the way, so I unbolted them and lightly tapped on the shaft to get it moving. It finally broke free, and I added a little multi-purpose lubrication. So I put everything back together and the pump works! :party:

However I can't get the system to prime. My steps were as followed.

I am currently coming from a winterized pool.

1. Open pump lid and insert basket.
2. Screwed on sand filter cap on the bottom.
3. Turn filter to 'Filter'.
4. Made sure valve to main drain was open.
5. Fill basket to the top with water, then hand tighten lid.
6. Turned on pump.
7. Repeated steps 5 & 6 multiple times.

I then proceeded to evaluate the condition of the sand filter.

1. Unscrewed all pipes to sand filter.
2. Then repeated steps 5 & 6 and the pump did shoot water out, so the filter is getting water.
3. Accessed the sand in the filter. (It looks pretty good. The filter is filled with sand about 3/4 of the way.

There is also a pressure gauge that I attached, and the pressure never moves off of 0.

Any thoughts? The sand filter probably hasn't been ran in awhile. Also it is possible that the main drain could be blocked.. I been scrapping gunk off the bottom.

Ill try again tomorrow, and Ill attempt to clean the bottom even more.

Thanks again,

Brandon

Hello again,

So I am back after finally getting the pool up and running. Long story short there was two leaks, 1 in the main drain line which was under the pool house and 1 in the light conduit. In order to fix the main drain I had to demo the pool house which was fine since I wanted to move it eventually. Then there was one in the light conduit which I haven't fixed yet, but I am getting the pool clean so I can hop in and fix the light. So I been doing the shock process for the last 3 days. My CYA was less then 30 (I can still see the black dot after filling the cylinder) so I figured bring the FC level to 12ish (I had it at 15 for a little bit) The filter has been running 24 hours a day and I been brushing everything down to the main drain, but after 3 days the water is still pretty cloudy? Is that just the bacteria dying off? My current levels are not at the recommended level, so which should I attack first?

These were taken this morning at 545 am

FC- 15
CC - 2
PH - > 8.0
TA - 100
CH - 140
CA < 30

Here are some pictures.

Pool house is there on the right.
[attachment=2:3i73pnex]PoolhouseBefore.jpg[/attachment:3i73pnex]

Then let the demo begin (I took my time and took it down piece by piece)
[attachment=1:3i73pnex]PoolHouseAfter.jpg[/attachment:3i73pnex]

Then a look under the floor boards, and you see obvious erosion from one of the leaks. That pipe that is cut is and old pipe that was replaced.
[attachment=0:3i73pnex]PoolHouseFloorBoards.jpg[/attachment:3i73pnex]

Attachments

• PoolhouseBefore.jpg
    PoolhouseBefore.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 26
  • PoolHouseAfter.jpg
    PoolHouseAfter.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 26
  • PoolHouseFloorBoards.jpg
    PoolHouseFloorBoards.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 26
Just keep on doing the shock process
It took my pool with a sand filter about 2 weeks to finally clear
I put a sock on my skimmer and that seemed to help a lot
Just listen to what the guys here say and it'll clear up
I know that's what I did and my pool looks great now

Usually it is best to wait until the shock process is complete before raising the CH. Adding CH can cause calcium clouding if the the pH is high (as can be the case while in the shock process), so we would not want you to make the pool cloudy as that may cause confusion as to whether the shock process is working.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.